“This is the place for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sears Fine Foods

Sears Fine Foods
439 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102-1503 (Union Square)
(415) 986-1160
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sears Fine Foods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 5,102 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Sutter
Vancouver, Canada
“This is the place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The little pancakes with loganberries. Just do it. Trust me. Also, probably some of the best breakfast sausages I've ever had (and I've eaten a lot of breakfast sausages in my time). Fast and efficient service.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I thought this place was grubby, the floors were filthy and the waiter was indifferent. I asked for steamed rice with my steak, and I can honestly say it was vile, it was soaking wet in butter or oil and my med-rare steak was well done, Not good for the prices they charge

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Top of the line breakfast benedicts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome. Was right outside of my hotel (the chancellor) and went there every morning. Service is quick and the eggs benedict plus the hush browns are done perfectly. Really.

Go there but beware, you may have to stand in line.

Chicago, Illinois
“Big name, bigger disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Sears is certainly well known, and a lot of good reviews, so Sears is either very, very inconsistent or a lot of people have very different tastes.We got in quickly on a Monday morning, décor is old fashioned which nicely fits the image of a SF tradition. Service was fairly quick but certainly not old fashioned friendliness. Then.. the worst french toast ever, their speciality bread was thin, a bit greasy and over cooked, my wifes swedish pancakes were not line any we;ve had before ( the thin , large pancake), these were straight out silver dollar pancakes. Coffee was one step about a vending machine. Prices were ok, but for a real breakfast try Taylor Street Diner a few blocks away.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Average Breakfast Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We recently ate at Sears Fine Food while staying at the Grand Hyatt in San Francisco. On the plus side it is within walking distance and opens early. It is also cheaper than eating at the hotel but still a bit pricey for what one gets. I had researched online prior to our trip as we needed somewhere for breakfast that opened early and Sears had many glowing reviews. I ordered an omlete which came with hash browns and toast. My partner ordered the eggs benedict which he said were "okay". We excepted more given the rave reviews. It was an average breakfast at an average (for San Francisco) price. The following day we ate at Lori's and the breakfast was vastly superior.

• Visited October 2013