“Great for a sweet attack!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 116 Dessert in San Francisco
Cuisines: Dessert, Bakeries
“Great for a sweet attack!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for a quick sweet. Had a hazelnut macaroon and a sea salt caramel. Both were amazing! Will try to make it back before we go home!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Urbana, Illinois
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stopped at the Hayes Valley location after lunch. The woman working the counter was incredibly friendly, they had all sorts of (pricey) candies, and a large variety of cookies, cakes, etc. We grabbed a few different candies and a hazelnut macaroon, which was fantastic.

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Gorgeously packaged ... inconsistent quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped by the Miette store in the Ferry Terminal and were immediately tempted by the various baked goods that were for sale. Miette knows how to package their goods to make it all but impossible to walk away empty handed.

I purchased a package of their bite size peanut butter cookies and their ginger snaps. The snaps were incredible - fresh, delightfully crispy and with a nice ginger bite. They're perhaps e best I've ever had. Unfortunately, the peanut butter cookies failed to impress. There was only a hint of a peanut butter taste which made gem very disappointing.

I wholeheartedly recommend the ginger snaps but try get a taste of any other items you might be interested in buying.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento
“Buyer Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

While my wife and I would typically stop at Miette Cakes on visits to the Ferry Bldg, today was the last. The day prior we purchased some packaged items. One item was not as labeled and had a horrible taste as if it was spoiled or had incorrect ingredients. Wanting to both warn them of the problem and to request a credit or replacement I brought the cookies back in the original packaging. A person I presumed to be the manager took the package removed several cookies on a back counter and came back to declare there was nothing wrong. I then asked for a credit or exchange and she simply said firmly "NO".

The first principle in the food business is that the customer is always right and its best to replace than lose a customer for life. They choose to lose me for life. So beware, if you end up with something that is not edible you will not be allowed to return it for whatever reason. What struck me most was the rude attitude in wanting to return an $8 item. What if was a $50 cake.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield
“I want more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I picked up a bag of their chocolate sable cookies the last time I was there. They're like a chocolate shortbread, and I think they may be salted. I'd check, but everybody at my house ate them all. I want more!

• Visited December 2012