“Great atmosphere and fantastic ham and egg Sammie!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caffe Puccini

Caffe Puccini
411 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133-3901 (North Beach)
415-989-7033
Improve this listing
Ranked #660 of 5,012 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Italian, Café, Soups, Sandwiches
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: North Beach
Holden Beach, NC
“Great atmosphere and fantastic ham and egg Sammie!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were in the north end visiting an Italian deli so I could buy salami to bring home to NC and decided we needed a coffee and bite before our 1:30 reservations at the tipsy pig in the marina district. I ordered a ham and egg sandwich on wheat and it was wonderful! Two eggs, very fresh tasting on what looked like homemade wheat bread with thinly sliced ham...and two nice slices of pear completed my plate...service was quick, sandwich was great and atmosphere was wonderful...lots of locals enjoying a Saturday morning breakfast. Only downside was my niece got a not so good mocha coffee and sil said her latte was only so so..my regular coffee was fine. A great place for a quick Saturday morning breakfast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Monterey, California
“Pleasant spot to sit and chat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed sitting in this spot to chat with friends for an after dinner latte. Dessert was average in taste. Service was average.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“It's....OK.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

There are a lot of places to choose from in this neighborhood. The food is 'good'- the omelette tastes rich and is fluffy. But it's also very straightforward with not too many options esp for that part of San Francisco. The coffee although in a very generous cup- is borderline 'ok' as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plaistow, New Hampshire
“BEST ITALIAN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

With so many to choose from, I jumped on my smartphone and read up on which to choose..there was an article about this one, so we tried it. I AM SO GLAD I DID. Zuppa Di Pesce was loaded with seafood for $16. Best minestrone soup I ever had (and I am Italian), tirumisu to DIE for!! The BEST and CHEAPEST meal we had all week there. Restaurants near Fishermans Wharf, overpriced and not great.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stopped in for coffee and pastry!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We came here for a pastry and coffee after dinner. We were seated at a table and handed menus, when we ordered the coffee the waiter informed us that since we were not having dinner we needed to order at the counter, waiter service is reserved for food. We got the berry pie, tiramisu, cappuccino and a chai latte. I was disappointed to see them grab a can or powder mix to make the chai. The tiramisu was so-so, very wet and the whip cream looked and tasted like it had been sitting on top of the slice for quite some time. The atmosphere is relaxed and there are tables outside for sidewalk dining. Total bill was $16 for all 4 items.

• Visited July 2013