“Great seafood; mediocre meats” 4 of 5 stars

The Embarcadero, Pier 5, San Francisco, CA
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Coqueta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #425 of 5,093 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night, Dessert
San Diego, California
“Great seafood; mediocre meats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Love small plate restaurants so decided to give this one a shot. Interior is very comfortable and well designed....four of us ate ordering 3 tapas each....first grouping came out quick but we then waited what felt like forever for the last few....the octopus, salmon, shrimp , jamon ham was amazing....The meatballs, short ribs were very mediocre

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Nashua NH
“Wow! What a great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

So glad we had a chance to dine at Coqueta. Super friendly staff from the moment we walked in the door, until we left. I've dined at many restaurants that serve Tapas, and this was one of the best in my opinion. Our waiter was great and really knew the food on the menu, and offered us good suggestions. If I have to find some fault, it would be that the prices were on the high side. I realize tapas can be expensive, but everything here was just a bit higher. That said, the ingredients all seemed to be of high quality, and some of the dishes were sublime, and layered with great flavor. Highlights were the whole branzino (large plate) and the croquettas. Home made sangria was delicious! This is a nice new choice on the waterfront.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pricey, but the tapas and drinks are awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

They have hands down the best gin and tonics I've ever tasted. Best!!! If I could handle my gin better, I'd have had twice what I did have. And food is amazing for the most part. Loved the spin on traditional tapas like patatas bravas, croquetas, and padron peppers. And there was a tomato/manchego salad that I could eat every day. the only miss was the short ribs. I was so excited when they arrived because they looked awesome, but the there was something off about the flavor a little - like it had too much citrus or something...minor details. This place still rocks. And the location, previously Lafitte (sorry to see you go, Russell. Come back with something new soon!), is perfect.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing Spanish Fare!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Absolutely delicious Spanish food and cool atmosphere. We had sangria and tapas, before digging into the paella, and then wrapped up with churros. All so so yummy. I am still thinking about the churros and how I can make paella at home.

We were visiting from out of town - booked a reservation several weeks in advance, and were only able to get a 9pm reso. And that was on a Monday! Book early if you can!

My only comment for feedback was that I found the server to be a little on the cold side and not overly friendly. Other than that we really enjoyed our meal and evening. I'd go back and recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Diablo, California
“Fantastic: bay area meets spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

New waterfront place on pier 5. We put ourselves in their hands and Sasha delivered an off-the-charts food, wine, and ambiance experience. Everything was Spanish and I felt like I was in San Sebastien.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere