“Rooms need deep cleaning and a serious update!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn San Francisco/On Lombard Street

You added Knights Inn San Francisco/On Lombard Street to your Saves list
Knights Inn San Francisco/On Lombard Street
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2505 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #211 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Cedar City, Utah
“Rooms need deep cleaning and a serious update!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I were on spring break vacation in San Francisco. We weren't too worried about the hotel as much as we were about the prices. We paid a good amount of money for the poor service we received. When we arrived the front desk clerk was yelling at two guests that had previously checked in. They didn't understand where their room was located and the clerk frustrated yelled at them and told them to go look for it. We were very shocked with such service. However, we kept quiet and waited till he finished with the two gentleman. He checked us in just fine, he was nice to us... I didn't quite understand this man's behavior. The room looked clean as you walked in, but as soon as you started walking around you could tell that it needed to be cleaned. One out of our three nights the hot water wasn't working in our bathroom. I called down and asked him if he could please come look at it or do anything to fix it. He didn't bother to come or offer assistance, he just said the water is working just fine and I need to keep trying. "keep trying" Well, we just took a cold shower. In the morning there was a new older gentleman that checked us out, he seemed like he actually cared about our stay and wished us good luck. I would reconsider staying at this place again. The only good things were the spacious rooms and the location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor. There's a couple of stories and no elevator. We had bikes...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located on the western end of Lombard Street but the hotel itself is VERY OLD and needs updating. There is no central air. There was a fan for cool air and a small portable heating fan for heat provided in the room. The room had no ironing board and the hotel could not provide one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start!
1. It's not Knights Inn
2. The room had smashed windows that were taped back up. These were right next to the fire escape so really, really safe!
3. The site I booked on there was a continental breakfast. They offered juice and coffee in the office!
4. There was no hot water in the shower and only hot water in the wash basin.
5. There was no cable as advertised. There was barely an image on the tv - plus with all the noise coming in from the broken/taped windows you couldn't hear the tv even if you wanted to watch it.
6. There was a broken light socket, taped up with a plastic bag - cause plastic won't melt if the live wire sparked!
7. I was completely attacked by fleas.
DO NOT STAY HERE! Awful doesn't even cover it!
I tried to complain but could never find anyone around to complain. I was told on check inn there was no refunds (should've seen that as a sign!) Worst place I've ever stayed at!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Alexandria, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is not named Knights Inn it's the Alpha Inn. We were given room 225 OMG it was awful as soon as you stepped in the room it smelt terrible,damp and musty. The walls were filthy as was the windows & net curtains the other curtains were hanging off the rails & you couldn't see out of the windows as they were thick with dust & dirt. The fridge didn't work and there were no coffee machine the bedding was stained and worn.
The towels in the bathroom were worn and threadbare. We complained and were moved to another room not much better. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Beersheba, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights and we really liked the place. The room is simple but big enough with fridge and a big bathroom. The location is very good- there are many places to eat nearby, gas stations and supermarket. The public bus is just 5 minutes walk and the public transportation is probably the most comfortable way to travel in San Francisco. We had a rented car so it was very helpful that the hotel had a free private parking. We didn't use our car here so the parking really helped. The parking is small maybe for 20 cars so if you get here late maybe you won't have a place to park. In total the place is worth the money- it's not expenssive and the people are nice and can give you maps of the city, buses..good luck:)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

At check in, we walked to the glass door opened by a buzzer and were told our actual building wasn't the Knights Inn but actually the Alpha Inn down the street. When we got to the Alpha Inn, we thought it looked nice because of the parking, heated pool, and welcoming manager. Those were the only good things about the place (we never got to try the pool).

We first entered the building from a glass door just outside the parking lot (which was locked the rest of our short stay). Upon entering, there was a strong musty smell which was probably due in part to a giant mold stain on the ceiling just before the staircase leading up to our room. This got us a little worried, but we ignored it because maybe the room was still going to be ok.

When we got to the room, we dropped our bags and noticed a poof of dust. The chairs and curtains were stained with... let's not go into that. Everything about the place screamed unsanitary. My girlfriend opened the toilet with a "sanitized" sticker and was greeted with a big, nasty hair on the seat. The blankets on the bed had holes. The room was poorly heated by two small, dusty space heaters on tables next to the bed. It's a good thing we brought a sheet to sleep on.

Pros:
Large, cheap room
has tv
microwave
refrigerator
all basic necessities

Cons:
You don't want to use any of the things listed above because it's so gross.

It's too bad because it seemed like there was so much potential and the manager was really nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I decided wanted clam chowder instead of Chik Fil A so i ventured off to SF. This is what my husband was able to get me. From the time I checked in, it was such a good experience. The elder which checked me in/out was such a nice sweet man. Not much English, but enough to get by. I was a bit concerned when I walked toward a patch of mold on the ceiling, but was too tired to care. Hiked up the stairs to our room (225). Opened the door and in amazement...it wasn't that bad. Ok, so the curtains were pulled off their rail, but pretty nice AND clean. The bed was very comfortable. I check the beds everywhere I place I stay; no stains or bed bugs. The sofa and chairs appeared clean and sturdy. Everything worked very well. Had a great nights sleep and walked over to Home Plate for breakfast in the morning. I don't have any issues or complains. I'm just waiting for them to bill my CC.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Knights Inn San Francisco/On Lombard Street? Share your experiences!