“Didn't stay, but Barbara's genuine care and customer service is second to none.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Nob Hill Guest Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa Nob Hill Guest Apartments
You added Villa Nob Hill Guest Apartments to your Saves list
1124 Leavenworth Street, Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Nob Hill)   |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

First, let me make it clear that I didn't stay here, so I apologise if this skews the property rankings but I felt I needed to review the proprietor, Barbara, with whom I spoke today.

I called to enquire about a stay in July 2014, but there were no free apartments for the time I needed. Barbara gave me the very best customer service I've ever experienced, despite not being able to provide me with a place to stay. When I asked instead for some assistance in navigating and avoiding the unsafe parts of SF, she spent over 20 mins to answer each question I had and describe to me in great detail the parts of town that are ideal and the parts of town that were unsuitable for my needs, and even went so far as to suggest specific places I might enquire elsewhere.

I know SF is a wonderful place (it's why I'm coming to visit!), but within SF (as with any major city) there are some places which uninitiated tourists (like me) would do best to avoid, or at least be mindful of at particular times of day. I was terribly confused by various forums on the internet as to the boundaries of particular areas, and the apparent fact that one block can be perfectly safe at all hours, whereas the next might not be. She was honest with me about some of the not so nice parts of a city she clearly adores, and invited me to call back at any time if I had additional questions. She is an absolute superstar and I commend her.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in apartment 3 for the weekend in May. Lovely bright and spacious 2 bedroom apartment perfect for 3 friends or a family. Upsides - location. Bright spacious front rooms, Friendly helpful owner Downsides - noisy front rooms until midnight, bathroom and kitchen need updating ( though fine for purpose), cats resident so don't go if you're not keen on cats!

• Stayed May 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I and our three kids (10, 8, and 2) stayed at an apartment at Villa Nob Hill for four nights in April, and it was wonderful. The location cannot be beat- particularly with young children- with mass transit close by as well as a grocery and drug store and many restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. The apartment we stayed in was perfect- lots of light, roomy, and well equipped. Barbara, the manager was just great- extremely welcoming and helpful. She was wonderful and patient with our kids - she even had chocolates/jelly beans in a bowl in the foyer for them to enjoy. We would highly recommend Villa Nob Hill if you are visiting San Francisco.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just scroll through all of the other reviews after reading this one. Our family of 5 stayed in Apt 3 from 3/24 - 3/29/14. We chose this place because of previous TA reviews. How spot on the reviews were! The 2 BR front apartment was perfect for our family (3 boys ages 17, 14 & 11). Plenty of room, immaculately clean, well maintained and centrally located in the upscale Nob Hill section. We could walk anywhere or catch the cable car or Muni. We felt like we were living in SF and not just tourists. Now, if all of the above does not make you feel like this would be perfect for your stay, maybe the fact that the owner, Barbara is on premise, hands on and such a wonderful, engaging person who made us feel right at home. She is such a resource and is there for you when you need her. Our family will be back to Villa Nob Hill next year. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND this location to our TA friends as well as all of our Ohio friends and business associates. Barbara, thank you for helping to make our SF spring break such a wonderful experience. See you next year!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had such a fun and pleasant stay at Villa Nob Hill. The place is charming and is kept so spotless that you probably could eat off the floor.
It was much more relaxing to stay in a home enviroment instead of a hotel and the management is excellent; in fact, it was like having our own personal concierge service. We were so impressed that we cannot wait to book another stay.
Lisa

• Stayed February 2014
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our family of 5(2 Adults + 3 older teens) was able to get a last minute booking for the 2 bedroom front apt.Every aspect of our dealings with Barbara far exceeded the norm. Like other visitors, we agree that her facilities are very comfortable, well located and suited our needs so well, but SHE made the trip outstanding for us. She was prompt and precise in her follow-up to secure the reservation. She helped us secure otherwise soldout bookings, loaned us extra clothese to buffer against cold August temps, told us about the best SF donut shop (Bob's) and other local favorites, accommodated us with a very late night arrival and helped us get our rental car (and I don't mean just booking it!). She was always ready with really good advice and never intrusive. A wonderful trip, thank you so much, Barbara.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Camberley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This charming, authentic turn of the century apartment with big bright bedrooms, small but comfortable lounge and full kitchen is perfect for staying downtown in San Francisco. Next to the cable car and two Muni Bus lines so it is easy to get to every possible tourist spot or just a 20min walk to the Cathedral, Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Sq or China Town. Cheap taxis are everywhere if the very steep hills are too much and only 40mins from the airport (SFO). The front bedrooms are beautiful, light and airy...but traffic noise from 7am to midnight. Comfortable beds so with ear plugs I slept really well. The owner, Barbara, is a delight and couldn't be more helpful with recommendations for restaurants, shops and taxis. Do visit the Beach Blanket Babylon review in North Beach - uniquely San Francisco.

Room Tip: Go for the light and bright front rooms but take earplugs if you're a light sleeper.