“Awesome find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smuggler's Cove

Smuggler's Cove
650 Gough St, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Hayes Valley)
(415) 869-1900
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 719 things to do in San Francisco
Bristol, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My bf and I stayed in a hotel down the block and my brother who is a SF native had mentioned this place existed, so we went looking for it. We found a black glass wall with only a small number matching the address we had written down, but nothing else. It looked abandoned and we almost left without trying the door. I'm glad we did though, we pushed the door open and was greeted by a bouncer who ensured us they definitely were open and to come on in. I love rum and there were endless delicious drinks to choose from. The decor is like an old pirate ship docked in a mermaid cove...so detailed and fantastical...I never wanted to leave. The party next to us (we sat upstairs looking down on the bar) ordered a huge coconut filled with a flaming drink that they all shared and my bf and I ordered smaller drinks but had quite a few. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely go back (if we can find it) next time we visit the city.

Visited February 2013