“Magnifique!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jeanne D'arc

Jeanne D'arc
715 Bush St, San Francisco, CA 94108-3402 (Downtown)
1 (415) 421-3154
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeanne D'arc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 5,014 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Cable car at Bush/Powell
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

It was my uncle's partner's birthday. There were 10 of us. The 4-course meal was uber delicious!! Great ambiance, great service, impeccable food!! What a fantastic hidden gem =)

• Visited July 2014

Austin, Texas
“Hidden Gem with wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Based on TA reviews, my wife and I stopped in for dinner on our first evening in town. You really have to look for this small establishment hidden downstairs in a boutique hotel. Once you step inside, the decor transports you back to Joan of Arc days. While the decor is a bit overdone, the environment is quiet and peaceful with nice French background music. The only thing on offer was a four course meal ($44 per person...very reasonable for this quality in San Fran), with a vegetable soup starter, choice of two salads (one mango, avocado and shrimp, the other a mixed greens with tomatoes, proscuito, and walnuts) and several entrees (we had the boulibaise and the salmon) and two desert choices (souffle and a chocolate cake). All the meals were very fresh and had wonderful flavor. The wine list is limited to a few California selections, but the French selections were broad based and reasonably priced. The service was prompt, friendly, and offered good information. We really enjoyed everything and will definitely return in the future.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
california, usa
“Good food, pleasant service, delightful evening and a San Francisco bargain.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I wondered how good a restaurant with such reasonable prices in San Francisco would be. The answer is REALLY GOOD! We liked the food, the décor and the warm atmosphere. Owners Mr. and Mrs. Lambert were actively interacting with guests to assure a pleasant experience. We felt like we were back in Europe.
Food wise, what stood out to us was their treatment of Duck. I started with a plate that included two types of duck pate’ and had duck breast as my main dish. The pate’ was mild yet rich in flavor and the duck breast was cooked perfectly and tender. I’ve had similar dishes in leading Paris restaurants and this little restaurant in San Francisco beat them hands down! We both enjoyed the Jeanne D’arc signature soufflé for desert and it was among the best we have had.
The table service was very professional. We felt attended to but with transparency so that we did not feel rushed or intruded upon. We’ll be back.

• Visited June 2014
Charlotte, nc
“Great food, even better wine list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our friends referred us to this little gem in San Fran. Yes, it is a 4 course prix fixe menu so bring your appetite but then again, the food is superbly prepared, not a hardship!. We arrived early for dinner around 6:00pm since we were visiting & still on our East Coast time. Only 2 other tables were occupied which made it quiet & romantic for us. Our server was very attentive & friendly. The décor is lovely with tapestries & older antique knick knacks.

We started with a cream of vegetable soup that was light & creamy to stimulate your appetite. For the salad course, my husband loved his salad with parma ham, pears, & walnuts. I enjoyed my green salad with a shrimp salad stuffed avocado as well. My husband's bouillibaise was full of delicious seafood & a slight orange taste that was lovely. My rabbit entrée was large & juicy with wonderful potato gratin as well as haricot verts with carrots. Of course I finished with the Grand Marnier soufflé which I thought would have more orange flavor but it was delicious. My husband's crème brulee was creamy goodness topped with gingered raspberries & strawberries. A great meal loaded with flavor. Oh, I forgot to mention, a fantastic wine list with extremely good prices on wine. I mean really well done, reasonable prices & I am a wine geek. So be sure to splurge & order a nice bottle!

Visited June 2014
Sacramento, California
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

When looking into eating at this restaurant, I at first thought I was misreading the price for the 4 course Prix Fixe meal. But what I was reading was correct - $38 for the whole shebang. And the number of choices for the entree was astounding - 12 in total. I wondered how good the food could be at this price. I was very pleasantly surprised. Everything was tasty and fresh, the service was (fairly) good and the price - well, that was a bonus for sure. Some things were outstanding, especially the desserts. The decor was pretty cool too. I highly recommend Jean d'Arc.

• Visited May 2014