“Did not enjoy my pork carnitas--gave leftovers to homeless woman” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Zona Rosa

Zona Rosa
1797 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117-2807 (Haight-Ashbury)
415-668-7717
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,389 of 5,102 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
Tokyo
“Did not enjoy my pork carnitas--gave leftovers to homeless woman”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Visited on 28 June 2010 during my second visit to Haight Ashbury district.

Had a craving for Mexican food, the menu looked good, and it appeared to be busy at approximately 2pm. Ordered pork carnitas and small soda--about $9.75. It included chips and cabbage salad. The chips were low quality what you would expect at a baseball game. Cabbage salad had a very bitter taste that I could not identify.

The pork carnita was large and wrapped in foil. The rice inside the carnita was definitely overcooked, the peas and carrots in the rice had obviously been frozen. It had no flavor. Ate less than half of it, a few of the chips, and couple bites of the cabbage salad.

Wrapped up the remainder of the carnita in the foil, placed it a plastic bag I had with me, and gave it to a homeless woman. The portion was about right for what I paid, but for me, the quality was the issue.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Long Beach, California
“Best mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I eat Mexican food almost everyday and have eaten at hundreds of mexican restaurants but i have to say zona rosas has the best burritos ever. We spent four days in San Franciscos and ate here two days in a row. I had a carne asda burrito and from the first bite i knew it was amazing. When i go back to SF I will be eating here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“good but $$$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

good but $$$$

Phoenix, AZ
“Yummy Burritos near Haight & Ashbury!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

Oh my gosh! That was seriously an awesome burrito!! Before I left to San Francisco my co-worker suggested I go here because he said they had amazing burritos and I have to agree. I have to warn people that is a lot of burrito and you can really hurt yourself. My husband was able to eat all of his, but I couldn't do it and it wasn't for lack of wanting. The burritos were just huge. We went there for lunch and didn't have dinner that night because we were still full! We both had the burritos, but I can highly recommend them!! A great treat when you are down on Haight (Shrader St.).