“Average Indian Food Decent Service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,127 of 4,918 restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian
Cato Ridge, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Average Indian Food Decent Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had the Chicken Tikka Masala and enjoyed it, though I wasn't overly impressed. It wasn't too expensive which was the best part.

Visited September 2012

83% Recommend
San Diego, California
“Best tandoori chicken there is in San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I finally came back to Pakwan after eating constantly at my other fav Indian restaurant Chutney across the street. The chicken Tandoori here is very tender compared to Chutney chicken. Naan was great..Except the chai give me an upset stomach..Chai is better at Chutney's. I will go back again.

Visited April 2013
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Best curry in San Francisco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm a brit and we like our curries. I have been to a number of curry houses in San Fran and this is by far the best I've come across.

You order your food at the bar and then they call your number out for you to collect it when it is ready. It is more like a canteen than a restuarant but the food is well worth it.

They don't have a drinks license so you need to bring your own - their is a liquor store across the road with a reasonable choice.

Cab there though as parking in this area is pretty impossible especially in the evenings.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Indian food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had had bad experiences other places, and thought I hated Indian and Pakistani food, until we ate here with my friend and her Indian fiancé. Everything was delicious! As others have said you order at a counter and then get up to pick up your food. Restaurant was clean, and I enjoyed the tea. The okra was outstanding! It was so good we went back a second time on our trip!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
All Over , The New Age Gypsy
“Don't forget to get those yumm deserts in little plastic boxes in the cooler :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009