“Seafood heaven” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Castagnola's Seafood Restaurant (Lolli's)

Castagnola's Seafood Restaurant (Lolli's)
286 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133-1179 (Fisherman's Wharf)
(415) 776-5015
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fisherman's Wharf
Cross street: Jones
Transit: The northwest end of the "F" line trolley is located across the street from the restaurant.
Description: Castagnola's is a world class destination in the heart of San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. Known since 1916 for fine Italian Cuisine and locally caught seafood. Our specialties include Dungeness crab, lobster, prime rib, steaks and a full menu of sophisticated dining choices. From the bar, order your favorite cocktails or choose from a large selection of wines. Our lounge is a favorite wharf hangout for after work and during happy hour. We have live music daily.
San Francisco, CA
“Seafood heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place serves up some wonderful food, and the servers are welcoming and warm, and the setting is great and seating comfortable. Great for all ages. Desserts are amazing.

Visited December 2012

32% Recommend
Sydney
“Plenty of better options available (3/10)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We found ourselves wandering through Fisherman's Wharf at about 8pm on a Monday night, quite peckish having just finished the evening Alcatraz tour (thoroughly recommended). We knew we were taking a risk by heading to a restaurant that advertises in the tourist magazine but I was too hungry to quibble.

When we walked into the restaurant, which is huge, we were the only people to be seated in the main dining area (warning #1) though some people were seated in the bar watching Monday night football. The water and bread arrived at our table pretty quickly, but from then on the service was remarkably slow for an emplty restaurant. More groups arrived during our meal, but there were never more than about five tables out of at least 30 that we could see that were occupied. Our waitress was very nice... we just can't work out where she disappeared to for most of the night! The menu didn't provide a huge number of options. I had an 8 oz fillet mignon with garlic potato mash and sauteed spinach ($30) with a glass of sparkling wine ($11) and my husband had the dinner salad ($8). The total bill was about $55 including taxes. The wine took forever to arrive, the meals also seemed slow to arrive (but we were hungry and running out of patience) and we gave up on waiting for the waitress to come back and collect our credit card to pay and gave cash instead. As Australians who aren't used to compulsory tipping, it was a little frustrating to have to leave a tip at all.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
British Columbia Canada
“on waterfront”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We visited San Francisco waterfront and 20/20.39. Lots of walking and we were hungry. Found Castagnola's Seafood Restaurant on the waterfront. We were led to a table on the water. Nice view with many sailboats. We ordered wine and the waiter was very friendly and attentive both ordered Chicken Penne Florentine. It was very disappointing. Very tasteless and floating in some sauce that tasted like canned mushroom soup. We were not very happy with our meal. One of the worst we have ever had. Maybe we should have ordered some seafood but hindsight is 20/20.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Yummy Shrimp Po-Boy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently had a yummy shrimp po-boy with a delicious remoulade at Castagnola's. It was a huge serving that I could not finish, stuffed with small shrimp and served with lots of thin fries and an okay tasting cole slaw. I would definitely order it again. Because it was happy hour, I also ordered a serving of mozzarella sticks. You get five with marinara sauce. They appeared soggy and greasy and I only ate one. I'm not sure if I would return to this restaurant or try out some of the many other seafood/italian restaurants along Fisherman's Wharf. The ambience is good, although it was cold and drafty and I ate in the bar and they had the doors open to entice passers-by! I had to go to the bar to place my order, as I had been told to do by the hostess, and after delivering my food, the bartender only inquired once as to how I was doing. I'm the type who prefers a bit more attention, but whatever.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane
“We went in because the music was cool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We dropped in because the live music sounded OK...we decided to stay for dinner. My wife loved the crab cakes...my pasta was ordinary.

The point is...understand why you go there. We'll go back...not for the food, but the location. If I can eat the meal, that will be a bonus.

• Visited October 2012