“Solid Tourist Fish House” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scoma's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 5,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Solid Tourist Fish House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place sits out over the water and has excellent fresh seafood simply prepared. It is a tourist hot spot. Often crowded. A bit expensive. But location, location, location. Also one of few places with Sand Dabs and Petrale...wonderful local whitefish.

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Tunis, Tunisia
“the Sole is not good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Coming from the mediterranean where we eat the sole before we learn how to walk, I can say that the sole is not good. Anything else is delicious and the service is just excellent!

Visited May 2013
Lorain, Ohio
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The place is very pricey but it was a very old school like atmosphere. Waiter was awesome, explained anything we had questions about. Food came out quick, waiter was always there when we needed him. Got pasta with shrimp, and it had the biggest shrimp I have ever had. Like I said, pricey but great place to eat. I had other restaurants down there and they weren't nearly as good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A little disappointed in that I was told it was the best on the wharf. The sand dabs were a must have but the pasta to go with them was okay and the vegetables were cold. The swordfish fagioli was a pass. The fish was overcooked and the beans undercooked. The sauce was very good but a little too sparse. Dessert, a brownie and vanilla ice cream I could have passed on. The brownie was dry and the sauce was pure sugar. Flavor was lacking. To top it off, my second glass of wine was served in a chipped glass and I cut my lip. They did not charge me for the wine but did not seem overly concerned about my cut lip. He did tell me he threw the glass out. the quality of fish was good but the preparation did not have the edge that was needed for fine dining. Not sure if I would give them a second chance.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“Ok, but not worth all the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Everyone raves about this place, but I've had just as good meals elsewhere. Kind of had an old supper club feel. Bar/wait staff was very attentive. My scallops were very good, but didn't love the seafood type if sauce on them (and that wasn't made clear on the menu). My friend got the blackened halibut, but the seasoning was so heavy/strong it took away from the fish flavor. Mediocre sides: steamed veggies, white rice, plain white pasta.

• Visited May 2013