“Always dependable Thai Food” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Regent Thai Restaurant
1700 Church St, San Francisco, CA 94131-2413 (Noe Valley)
(415) 643-5893
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,672 of 5,007 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Sacramento, California
“Always dependable Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

When in SF often visit Regent Thai....excellent service, very reasonable prices and good food! Like all foods, there can be variations, which I understand and accept. Thai Regent always falls in the spectrum of what I want in Thai food, reasonable size portions, good flavor, spice varies to the diners desires, and comfort food. I don't know how one can do better for Thai Food than this unassuming, charming restaurant. Service is fast, decor lovely, with fresh flowers on each table. When in Now Valley, San Francisco a great lunch or dinner dining experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canada
“Recommended Thai restaurant in Noe Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Three of us had a quick lunch at Regent in October 2013. Nothing fancy, but the food was good and service was quick. The bill was very reasonable. Generally I do not have much experience with Asian food, but I can say that this lunch allow me to survive for a very late dinner. I strongly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner if you are around Church Street.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo
“Good prices, good service, okay Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Overall, I'm not a big fan of Thai food. The food here is pretty average, and actually a bit sweet for our tastes, but we're used to southeast Aian foods, and have eaten Thai food many times during our years in Singapore and traveling around SE Asia.

The prices are very reasonable with most dishes in the $7 range. Portions are generous.

Service is quite good and we had no problem getting a table as walk ins on a Monday night although quite a few of the tables were full, so I surmise it's a popular place for many.

You won't go away hungry and your wallet won't be flat.

Visited July 2012
Las Vegas, NV
“One of the best Thai meals I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My friend lives down the street from Regent Thai and she recommended it. I was really impressed with the whole experience - service was friendly, the food was top notch and the prices were extremely reasonable, maybe even cheap. I had the best red curry with chicken I've experienced, and the green curry I tasted may have even been better. We also had golden bags and spring rolls for appetizers that were excellent. I'm jealous that my friend lives so close because I'd be eating here all the time!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

My wife & I have been dining here for years. I love the location in a nice neighborhood next to St. Paul's Church. Since the Church street MUNI line runs in front of the restaurant we don't have to drive to visit.

The owner Jeannie or her cousin the head chef, are usually there to ensure everything is just right. From the decorative fresh flowers to the freshness of the daily menu. You must try the Trout stuffed with Chicken and a Garlic Sauce on the side! The Golden Bags are deep fried but not oily appetizers I could make into a main course.

• 5 of 5 stars Food