“great place for good Italian food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Firenze By Night

Firenze By Night
1429 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach / Telegraph Hill)
(415) 392-8485
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
BRISBANE
“great place for good Italian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

On a busy sat. nite we were seated without a reservation...service was fast and we never felt rushed. wine selection was very good. there were actually 6 specials that nite .we each had a different and sampled each others, all were so very tasty.......the overall experience was fabulous.
The saltimbocca and Pappardelle toscana are the best.......the only reason for not giving 5 stars is the bread for the dipping olive oil was ordinary........otherwise if you have friends from out of town they will love this place and so will you.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Modesto, California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have eaten here three times and each has been a treat! Most recently, five friends and I decided to go in early and have a small meal before going to a show. We sat at the bar and enjoyed appetizers and small portions of the Gnocchi. The service was excellent and the food - outstanding. The wine list goes from the very reasonable to high end - I would say there is something for everyone. The restaurant is small which allows for a warm, family feel. This is one of my for sure "go to" places when visiting San Francisco.

• Visited February 2013
Upstate, NY
“Go here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Go here. I cannot stress that enough. Whether you're in the market for Italian food or not, you will be by the time you've left this place. It is small, which gives it a homey feeling, like you're in grandma's kitchen not a restaurant. When I was there, the staff spoke with an Italian accent, showing authenticity. The food was so fresh that it tasted like it had been pulled straight from a garden. I had linguine with pesto, and the waiter was delighted to leave off the butter (Veg friendly). If you want a dessert they have an excellent selection, however you're in the heart Little Italy, so there are bakeries everywhere. There is room for parties and also couples. The interior is decorated with statues and plants, and the wait staff can be seen running in and out of the kitchen doors delivering meals. I was seated by a man who apparently seemed to be the owner. He had a welcoming aura and kept control of his employees well. Wine is a big deal in San Francisco and there's no shortage here. There is something on the menu for kids, adults and seniors to enjoy. Leave your heart in San Francisco, and your fork in Little Italy!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We received a recommendation for Firenze and boy was it spot on. The food was incredible! The service was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the bruscetta, ceasar salad and then one of their nightly specials. DELICIOUS! We finished it off with some port and a sinfully delicious dessert.

• Visited January 2013
Corrales, New Mexico
“Gnocchi is worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was told to go here if I like gnocchi. I was told right. It was sort of interesting in texture. Very smooth and somewhat like mashed potatoes. But in a good way. I know that sounds weird. But the gnocchi were delicate. The waiter told me that he really likes it with the bolognese. I asked him to do half of it with the original sauce and the other half with the bolognese. I asked him later to bring me a bowl of the bolognese to eat by itself. It was good! The starter bread was not mediocre and a little cold. I had the minestrone soup to start. I assumed that it was part of my meal in the way that he asked me if I would like a soup or a salad. But I was charged for it. Sorta pricey for soup, too. But it was good. Simple, but good. The meal was good but a little expensive.