“A very nice iranian restaurant in down town San Francisco” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,161 of 5,102 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Persian
kuwait
“A very nice iranian restaurant in down town San Francisco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

It is very difficult to compare this restaurant to other iranian restaurant due to the fact that the number if iranian rest. In down town SF is very limited . I have tried a couple of them & honestly speaking this is the best one . It is a little bet expensive , but for the quality & service it is excellent choice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

san antonio, texas
“Good but very pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I came to the restaurant after looking for 3 middle eastern restaurants and finding them closed. The food is very tasty and standard persian cuisine - nothing out of the ordinary if you are accustomed to this food. My only complaint is that is was quite pricey - for 2 of us we ordered 2 plates, 2 salads and 2 drinks our bill was close to $70 for a meal I usually pay at Persian restaurants about half the price. My husband also asked to use the restroom and said it was quite a distance to get there and needed a special key?!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, California, United States
“Good food for the price but below average service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food is good but not cheap! So, I normally expect the food quality to be good when everything on the menu is pricy. But a few things that add up made me give this restaurant 2 out of 5. They don't have restrooms! You need to get a key and walk a long walk to use a shared restroom. They made me wait for some time until the same girl who sat me at my table showed up to take my order. When I walked in the place was almost empty so she wasn't busy at all. And the last but not least: They don't take AMEX and won't give you a normal itemized receipt. I think those things are "must haves" if they want this place to be a decent, quality restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Good quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went there on a Sunday night and was surprised with a great service and great food. The Must-o-khiar and the dough were the best I had. they served it with the real persian lavashak instead of regular Pita which was appreciated. I took the joujeh with baghali polo. It was cooked to perfection and the entire experience was wrapped up with a nice sholeh zard and hot tea.
It was worth the 45 minutes walk and passing through the famous turk street (by choice)

Visited August 2012
Edinburgh
“Sumac to choose from”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Good location. Lovely big windows let the light enter in. Ash Reshteh was superb and nicely soured. Shirazi a little mediocre but competent. Soltani kabob traditionally served and homely. A good find with fair value. Service was welcoming and I'll go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere