“Nob Hill Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Milano

Ristorante Milano
1448 Pacific Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109-2625 (Nob Hill)
415-673-2961
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Milano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 5,007 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: SF Muni Line 12, 49 (on Van Ness Avenue); Cable Car
San Francisco, California
“Nob Hill Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a small Italian restaurant on the border of Nob Hill and Russian Hill. It's family owned and consistently has excellent service and simple delicious Italian food. It's perfect for a romantic dinner or if you have parents or friends coming into town that want to experience SF food that isn't touristy. Prices are reasonable, but not cheap. Be sure to get a reservation.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A must for each San Francisco visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My friends and I make a point of dining at Ristorante Milano each time we are in San Francisco. The food is incredible, the service frendly and impeccable, and overall it is one of the best dining experiences I can remember. It's nice to be recognized after several visits, but we were treated like regulars from the very first visit. The risotto special is always a "must-have" for our party - at least one person has to order it! On my last visit, I started with pears wrapped in prosciutto and moved on to fetuccine with the chef's meat sauce. Our table finished with poached pears and tiramisu; a perfect end to a perfect evening.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leipzig, Germany
“nice neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Definitely a neighborhood restaurant, lots of the customers seemed like regulars to the staff. For an appetizer I had the Bresaola Valtellinese (a cured beef thinly sliced topped with arugula and grana padana cheese). This was fantastic. I had the lamb chops and my friend had the veal scallopine for our main course. I thought my lamb chops were a bit over cooked but still were quite tasty. All in all a very nice dining experience, that made me want to live in the area just so I could go here regularly

Visited January 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Mediocre At Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This small, cramped neighborhood place seemed to cater strictly to locals (we are from out-of-town). My husband had the Tonnarelli which he said was gummy and the sausage was very hard to find in the cream sauce. Our son had the Fettuccini Milanese, which he said was good but the pasta had a combination of both flour and spinach noodles. There was no mention of this on the menu and our son cannot eat spinach, so half the dish was wasted. I had the Chicken Saltimbocca which was very salty. We also had a moderately priced bottle of wine and shared a scoop of gelato. All items were a la carte. We agreed that the food was not memorable. Although the owner was bustling about the restaurant, he never stopped by our table to ask how things were or to wish us a happy holiday. It was not a warm or comfortable restaurant. The one hundred and fifty dollar tab was way too steep for a mediocre meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cabarete, DR
“Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a really fun dinner here with a group of friends for a special occasion celebration.

Food - I loved the mushroom bruchetta, we also had beet salad and the cheese/arugula salad which were good but the mushroom was DIVINE.

Gnocchi was really good too, and the deserts if you like that thing are awesome so save room!!

Service was friendly and all in all it was really NICE!

• Visited December 2012