“A nice place to eat.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frascati

Frascati
1901 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Russian Hill)
(415) 928-1406
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frascati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 5,052 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: Hyde & Powell Cable Car line
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A nice place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went to Frascati with friends whilst on holiday in San Francisco & really enjoyed the experience. The restaurant was busy with a great atmosphere, the staff were friendly & efficient, the food was reasonably priced & excellent.

Falls Church, Virginia
“Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

On a recent trip to the West Coast, my wife and I managed to dodge the kids and have an 18th anniversary dinner. Walking from where we had to park (better to take a cab) was quite an uphill hike, but the dinner more than made up for it. Every single item, including the glasses of wine, was excellent. For starters, I had a delicious octopus salad that is among my 10 favorite dishes ever. My wife had a very good Panzanella. This was followed by Ahi Nicoise for me, and flat iron steak for my wife. The ahi was very fresh and perfectly cooked, and the steak was very tender and tasty. All of the accompaniments were delightful as well. For dessert, we went to opposite ends of the spectrum -- I chose the very rich dark and white chocolate bread pudding (more like a super brownie), and my wife had the delicate and refined panna cotta.

As you will see from reviewing the menu, Frascati is not typically Italian, but more mew american with a Mediterannean influence.

Service was attentive, casual, and friendly, which is what we prefer.

As others jave written, there is a bit of a smoky atmosphere in the room, but I found that it was unobjectionable and soon faded.

Very much a great meal, and even at around $160 (including tip) a great value for a special occasion.

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“All around great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent service, including recommendations of both food and wine, set the tone for the evening. Consider trying the roasted chicken which was one of the best I've ever had. For dessert the peach blueberry crisp under vanilla ice cream was divine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I go to Frascati about once a month as we live in the neighborhood. We have never had an average meal here. The food and service are always very good and we love the atmosphere. The owner, John, is also very friendly and accommodating. If you have the chance, sit at the bar and enjoy a great glass of wine or arrive early on a warm day and sit outside. The delicious food, great wine and atmosphere is really intoxicating.

• Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is not the cheapest of restaurants but I have to say the food was exceptional - even from a foody.
We had duck salads, a spicy sausage pasta and steak entrees - all excellent.
I agree with some of the comments on the ventalation - it is not overbaring but would annoy some customers. I think it adds to the atmosphere.
I would reccommend this restaurant to anyone visiting San Fran - a real buzzy Italian.