“Terrific dining experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frascati

Frascati
1901 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Russian Hill)
(415) 928-1406
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frascati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 5,007 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: Hyde & Powell Cable Car line
Seattle, Washington
“Terrific dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Recommended by a local, I'd now recommend it as a tourist. Everyone was great - food is excellent. I asked to have all my dishes prepared without butter and my request was accommodated pleasantly and the food was delicious. Following other TA reviews, I requested a downstairs table - the ones by the front door might be chilly because the door and windows were open, but we were seated away from the door, and it was fine. Service was very friendly and professional.

Atascadero, California
“One of our New Favorites!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were seated upstairs with a view down to the open kitchen below. While it is cozy and entertaining, it's very warm upstairs and even smokey during 7-8pm when entrees are being whipped up and finally cooler during dessert time. We'll sit down stairs next time. Husband started with sardines and a rose', I had the warm octopus salad with a sparkling rose' (Yummy!) Husband had the swordfish paired with a trebbiano (great pairing) and I had the duck breast with a recommend zin (lovely!). Our entrees tasted like they had been doused with a bit too much black pepper on top (next time I'll tell them to go easy on the pepper) but after that initial jolt the flavors were wonderful and paired perfectly with our recommend wines. For dessert we had the to-die-for apple crumble with a petit manseng (dry, white, dessert wine). Delicious meal. Knowledgeable waitress. Great experience. I'd give it an excellent if it wasn't for the heavy-handed black pepper.

Visited April 2013
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“Excellent - both times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Returned to Frascati last week for a business dinner. This was my second visit over the course of 24 months, both times I experienced excellent service and delicious meals. This time I had the pork chop, awesome! I also like the smallish atmosphere of this place. I'll return for sure.

“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Not the best, but very good. I have no idea y the waitress asked if we were splitting the meal? Cause we r Hispanic ? Get used to it sf! ..... And the stairs to the restroom is very narrow...and small.... I slipped :/

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
key biscayne florida
“When you Go to San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Make sure to wear some flowers in your hair (maybe "borrowed" from Lombard Street), but if you cross Lombard on the Hyde streetcar line over the hill from the bay, keep an eye out for Frescati on your right. Bistro-styled, this jewel of a restaurant serves up exquisite cuisine and a fantastic wine selection, in an intimate, locals-who-know-dine-here atmosphere. My meal began with a Roasted Pear Salad that featured candied walnuts, arugula, Point Reyes Blue Cheese and a superb balsamico. The Maple Leaf Duck Breast, served with Maitake Mushrooms and Huckleberry Sauce was by far (and I sample duck wherever I find it on the menu) the best I've tasted--rich, supple, deliciously marinated and orchestrated. To crown the meal, I was offered perhaps the most delicious Panna Cotta west of the Cittavechia. Oh, and the staff? Well, you are gonna meet some gentle people there....

• Visited March 2013