“Excellent - both times!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frascati

Frascati
1901 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Russian Hill)
(415) 928-1406
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frascati is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 5,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Green Street
Transit: Hyde & Powell Cable Car line
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“Excellent - both times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Returned to Frascati last week for a business dinner. This was my second visit over the course of 24 months, both times I experienced excellent service and delicious meals. This time I had the pork chop, awesome! I also like the smallish atmosphere of this place. I'll return for sure.

“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Not the best, but very good. I have no idea y the waitress asked if we were splitting the meal? Cause we r Hispanic ? Get used to it sf! ..... And the stairs to the restroom is very narrow...and small.... I slipped :/

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
key biscayne florida
“When you Go to San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Make sure to wear some flowers in your hair (maybe "borrowed" from Lombard Street), but if you cross Lombard on the Hyde streetcar line over the hill from the bay, keep an eye out for Frescati on your right. Bistro-styled, this jewel of a restaurant serves up exquisite cuisine and a fantastic wine selection, in an intimate, locals-who-know-dine-here atmosphere. My meal began with a Roasted Pear Salad that featured candied walnuts, arugula, Point Reyes Blue Cheese and a superb balsamico. The Maple Leaf Duck Breast, served with Maitake Mushrooms and Huckleberry Sauce was by far (and I sample duck wherever I find it on the menu) the best I've tasted--rich, supple, deliciously marinated and orchestrated. To crown the meal, I was offered perhaps the most delicious Panna Cotta west of the Cittavechia. Oh, and the staff? Well, you are gonna meet some gentle people there....

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Loved the steak tartare and the grilled halibut, and my teenagers also found things they enjoyed. And great service too - definitely my favorite place to eat in San Francisco for my recent trip.

New York City, New York
“Spot on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Came here late on a Thursday night after a long flight. Seating was comfortable and the space was cozy and warm. Managed to convince my dinner partner to share the sardine app with me. Usually I can only get my cat to join me for such things. We both agreed it was tasty. Greens served with it and a simple salad were fresh and lightly dressed. Main courses filet mignon and pan seared halibut were well presented and delicious. Finally the Meyer lemon sponge cake with blueberry compote was excellent and the perfect end to the meal. I would definitely return.

Visited April 2013