“Loved every morsel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Gary Danko

Restaurant Gary Danko
800 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94109-1228 (Fisherman's Wharf)
415-749-2060
Neighborhood: Fisherman's Wharf
Melbourne, Australia
“Loved every morsel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I saw the restaurant in the top 10 on a Trip Advisor email that was sent out and said I’m over there shortly so why not give it ago. I tell you what, I was not disappointed, the food is brilliant and the staff are excellent.

We decided to go for the 5 (or was it 6) course mix and match degustation, and have the sommelier match the wine with each course, which is a great option.

The food was brilliant nice and fresh, the wine matched brilliantly with the food. The staff are attentive, but not over the top, which is perfect.

This was one of my best meals in my recent trip to the states and I would recommend it and will be going again when I am back there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orinda, California
“Menu and wine pairing are amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Every course was unique and the wine pairing was perfect, I would recommend the wine pairing to get the most out of this wonderful dining experience. The service has a simple elegance and for a high end restaurant a casual professional attitude. The valet was not expensive and made the access very easy for a San Francisco hot spot. I will go back again and again and I highly recommend it to my foodie friends.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Outstanding meal and dining experience at Gary Danko”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

As foodies, food tours and great dining are a key part of any travel we do. We deferred our September anniversary celebration to October when our travels took us to San Francisco where we made a reservation at Gary Danko's. The food and service were simply put outstanding. Beautifully prepared and presented, every course was a delight. The versatility of menu options (3, 4, or 5 course services as well as a tasting menu with wine parings) was terrific. Our particular favourites were the farm egg with polenta, the horseradish encrusted salmon in mustard sauce, the cheese selections, and the lamb loin. The lemon souffle was amazing. The trio of creme brule was the best I have ever had - it is my favourite dessert and I make it well myself but from taste to texture, this trio was outstanding. The touches from the staff - a signed menu and a special anniversary dessert from the chef - in addition to the amuse bouche and selection of mini sweets made this a dining experience to remember.

Visited October 2012
“It was an amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The service is excellent, very knowledgeable staff. Our food was to die for, very inventive selections that are executed perfectly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Decent place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

What I can say...great services and great food...
Just, you really have to book in advance...unless you gonna sit on the bar..but still, worth to have a try...
The menu choice is flexible, you can play around the menu and choose what you want..
You can choose from 3-5 courses for your dinner..
Always ask the waitor, if you have difficulties in choosing your food...
They are friendly..
A must to go if you are coming to San Francisco..