“best burger joint in the City” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,363 of 4,523 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Hamburgers
Athens, Greece
“best burger joint in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

It simply has the best burger in the city. kinda on the outskirts of town, this place offers some of the finest burgers i've ever eaten. it sure looks kinda sketchy and dingy, but I'm not there to eat the atmosphere, I'm there to munch a burger. Ignore the apparent outlooks and order yourself a burger to die for.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco
“caution: food poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

CAUTION: FOOD POISONING. My husband and I have eaten at Bullshead on occasion for many years. This time we both became violently ill later that night with classic food poisoning symptoms. We know it came from this restaurant because we ate nothing else later and we were both healthy. I had the Buffalo Burger with the salad bar and he had the Garden Burger. The common food factor was possibly unwashed lettuce but it could be food handling issues too. I saw two Yelp reviews this year about food poisoning at this restaurant. Well be adding this to the other Yelp reviews too. Never going back - we don't think this place puts much value on sanitation and the health of its customers.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“BISON BURGERS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

at a very non descript location off of the West Portal MUNI station, you'll find Bullshead Burgers. Don't be fooled by what might be a bad interior. I went on a Sunday night and the place wasn't very full when I arrived- but after I was seated, it got really busy.

I heard/read about the bison burgers here for a while. I eat bison regularly as part of my diet, so really enjoy it anyway. They made it so good. Great price, great service. I'll definatley be going back here on future trips to San Francisco.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good - Bison Burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

Good - Bison Burgers!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“buffalo burgers are good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

buffalo burgers are good and all their meat is fresh and ground daily. a bit pricey but healthy portions