“always great quality and fresh ingredients” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Incanto - CLOSED

Incanto
1550 Church St, San Francisco, CA 94131-2048 (Noe Valley)
415-641-4500
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
San Francisco, California
“always great quality and fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

do not be scared of the different Italian words or extremely dense combination of ingredients in on single offering. their handmade pasta is top notch with ragu or with anything else. fresh salads and panacotta or simple cakes to die for. Always for a great moment with friends or your special one.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Delicious Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We walked in on a Friday night with no reservation but luckily they had a table next to the bar for us. We had a steak tartare and a pasta with porkstew and a (duck)egg. Both where delicious. The wine list is good and we had a super tasty dessert with chocolate mousse, ice cream an a sauce of olive oil.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“The Food at Incanto is Offal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Star chef Chris Cosentino is a master at using every part of an animal, so that includes organ meat. His creativity knows no bounds in transforming what some chefs would discard as inedible into delightful and eye-appealing dishes. The two-tops (tables for 2) are tightly spaced, so it's not a place where a couple can have romantic conversations. But it does encourage conversations with diners at adjacent tables. Foodies do like to chat about food! And the thick cut pork chop the night we dined was huge and a topic of conversation. We focused on Cosentino's offal creations (see photos) -- a terrine, pig skin extruded as pasta, beef hearts, bone marrow, and risotto with squash blossoms and summer truffles. The risotto was the disappointment of the night. It lacked flavor and character, compared to the other dishes. However, cheers to Chris Cosentino for all he does to enhance the food scene in San Francisco. I only wish he would work the floor and greet his guests, instead of holding forth at the bar as he keeps an eye on the kitchen. He's an avid tweeter, but human contact would be a nice touch, even if it's just fleeting.

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco
“Exceptional Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have lived in San Francisco for most of my life. While the City is known for its restaurants, there are hundreds of so-so or not so great selections.

I had been talking about Incanto for awhile and finally my wife brought me here for my birthday. When we pulled up, I was very excited to be adventurous about the interesting menu selections prepared by one of my favorite chefs, Chris Cosentino.

My wife and I are not the kind of people who order one appetizer and one entree each. We like to sample the menu so we order several things that seem appealing and share. Tonight we ordered the tuna heart pasta, pork belly, the Boccalone (Chris' amazing cured meat company located in the ferry building downtown) charcuterie platter, some Italian wine, and the rustic pork ragu pasta.

Needles to say, everything was amazing and I will be back to get the cookbook by Chris Cosentino signed.

Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
Winter Park, Colorado
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I enjoyed Incanto very much. I traveled out from Colorado with family and Chef Cosentino's restaurant was on my to do list. The wine was good and the server's helped guide some of my party through the menu when questions arose. I shared the oxtail pie which was outstanding. I love oxtails and these were tender and delicious. The porcini and back fat appetizer was great as well. Was surprised to see Cosentino in the restaurant, making the rounds and speaking with guests. I didn't think "celebrity" chefs would ever be in their restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. Was glad a place I had such high hopes for lived up to my expectations.

• Visited May 2013