“Authentic, Friendly, and Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Authentic, Friendly, and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

After spending 4 months in actual Nepal, coming to Little Nepal was a truly wonderful experience. The food was absolutely delicious, and though it was much richer than most of the food I ate while there, and the restaurant much cleaner and calmer, it was quite authentic. My meal was certainly some of the best Nepali food I've had.

My vegetarian friend and I ordered two different curries, vegetable (Tharkari) and paneer. The food was served in the traditional Nepali way with large metal plates, smaller bowls, and a nice little array of curries, sauces, and vegetables. We finished with some wonderful rice pudding, very full and content.

The staff were extremely friendly, very responsive and quick. They took time to talk to be about my experiences, tell me about where they come from, and endured some of my horribly broken nepali. A little bit of the remarkable openness, friendliness and compassion I experienced in Nepal is tucked away in Bernal Heights.

Visited February 2013

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Don't Risk Going Into Thin Air - Eat Here Instead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This small specialty restaurant is a most-dine experience. There are not many Nepal restaurants even in San Francisco, so this fills a culinary void. Plus - it is very good.

If you doubt us, read the reviews and, more importantly, just try to drop in. It is usually packed and a line for people waiting. That alone is a great sign.

They have two soups that we would kill for. A lentil soup and a tomato soup. Unbelievable flavor - your mouth will be in heaven. We will actually order extras of both and mix them together and freeze them....if we have a hangover, heat these up and it is the best remedy. But aside from the morning-after cure, they are just plain delicious. It is one of those dishes one loves so much, we have tried to duplicate it at home - to no avail.

My brother-in-law orders one dish and one dish only - Kukhurako Ledo. He orders it so often, he walks in and they start cooking him a plate. I always have the Jhinge Machako Tarkari - the prawns are plentiful and large. The sauce wonderful. My wife always has Chhayau Tarkari - so many mushrooms, hobbits would get full.

When ordering, we advise paying the couple dollars extra and get it "combo". Yes, the a la carte is great, but the extra sauces and sides that you get with a combo make it a full spectrum of flavors. The yellow-orange curry sauce on the side is the best.

Staff has always been very attentive and friendly. Like most restaurants in Bernal Heights, the dining areas are a bit smaller. But well worth it.

Beer and wine only but a decent (not great) selection and reasonable prices. They do deliver, but their radius is a bit small...and they shrunk it - we used to order delivery all the time, but now we are out of their zone :(

Fantastic and you need no supplemental oxygen.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California, United States
“RIP OFF TO GO Little Nepal San Francisco CA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Order over $100 in food and got 4 cubes of meet per plate. Did not even feed 3 people.
They did not send the complete order on top of it and basically told me good luck we
are not sending your missing ordered dish. They charge you a royalty for delivering they
send you one eighth of the portion served in the restaurant. On top of it my wife got really
sick soon after. I called and they admitted to sending a way smaller portion to go and they did
not care I was missing a dish. They said they would give me a discount next time I go there, who
would go back. STAY AWAY FROM LITTLE NEPAL SAN FRANCISCO.

Biggest rip off and disappointment. I

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic food impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I met friends and ate here last Thursday evening. It was packed and I can understand why. The service is stellar and the food - well, I could eat here every night! The dishes are scrumptious and flavors are bright. We actually came back the next night. I highly recommend Little Nepal for a really nice meal, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Visit to Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

During my trip to San Francisco I happened to visit restaurant Little Nepal. A very pleasant surprise, delicious food, nice staff, a good price/performance ratio, I enjoyed it very much. I recommend a visit to above restaurant.

• Visited June 2012