“Tea Leaf Salad” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burma Superstar Restaurant

Burma Superstar Restaurant
309 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94118-2315 (The Richmond)
(415) 387-2147
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Durham, North Carolina
“Tea Leaf Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food was amazing especially the Tea Leaf Salad. They also easily accommodated my dairy allergy. We did have to wait 20 minutes to get a table even though we called ahead but we went across the street to a coffee shop/bar and had a beer.

Visited January 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Two dishes? No problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I got into this restaurant hungry, and went ahead to order the tea leaf salad and the Bun Tay Kauswer. It was a little awkward being the only solo customer in that restaurant because it was so busy. Surprising considering I have solo meals all the time in the past several years.

Watch for the crowd. If you don't have a reservation, I recommend getting there around 11 AM or past 2 PM to avoid line up. It's not a time-tested rule for this restaurant, but I usually follow this approach when dining in a popular restaurant. It worked this time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“I'd go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Decided to try Burma Superstar today for lunch. No wait even though we showed up at 12:30...the worst part is trying to find a parking space near the restaurant. Be patient and circle around a few times, someone is always coming or going!

The restaurant is small and the two of us were seated on the right side of the place. A long bench runs along the back wall for seating..my friend took the chair.

Service was immediate with water and beverages and our server was really helpful in choosing our dishes. We started with the tea leaf salad which is brought to the table with all ingredients in separate piles on the plate. The waiter then juices half a lemon and tosses the salad at table. What a refreshing dish! Chopped romaine, tomatoes, crispy fried garlic, peanuts, sunflower seeds, chopped jalapenoes, sesame seeds and fried split peas.. WOW..salty, spicy, tangy.

Due to a gluten allergy my friend ordered Nan Gyi Dok a mild coconut chicken curry with chewy rice noodles topped with fried onions and garnished with hard boiled egg. I ordered the pork curry with potatoes and pickled mango...really great depth of flavor.

Definitely try Burma Superstar...they have a sister restaurant down the street called B Star Bar. So if the lines are crazy long, check out B Star.

Visited January 2014
Salinas, California
“Burmese perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

After reading many reviews, we took a visitor from Japan there for lunch. Yes the wait is long - consider going at an "off time" but so worth it. We order the Tea Leaf Salad , which is the most requested dish and were not disappointed in the least. All 3 of us shared and enjoyed a Beef curry, The house chicken casserole & the shrimp pepper combo- a bit spicy for our visitor but not for us, coconut rice - be sure to order at least 2 servings- one to eat there - the other to take home and enjoy your left overs. Yes you should order too much and turn it into two wonderful meals. Afterwards, enjoy a stroll on Clement street and check out the many interesting shops and markets with beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Napa, California
“Such a great experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great service, fast service, quality delicious food. Place was packed so that is always a good sign. Cozy place and nice people. Menu makes you want to try everything!!!! I had the pumpkin shrimp curry. My daughter, the beef curry. My husband, the tee leaf salad. We sharednall the dishes and some coconut rice. It was a lot of food, actually, but so delicious that we ate more than we should have. My shrimp dish had 12 huge juicy shrimps. I could only eat about 7 and even sharing, had a few to bring home. You know a place is good when you want to eat every plate you see on other people's table!! LOL...Can't wait to go back.