“Wonderful experience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Burma Superstar Restaurant

Burma Superstar Restaurant
309 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94118-2315 (The Richmond)
(415) 387-2147
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Israel
“Wonderful experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great food and wonderful service. Just a wonderful dining experience. That's why I gave it high marks. The vegetarian soup was outstanding with hints of wonderful flavors. Their famous Rainbow Salad was so so. The coconut rice was great also, as was the pumpkin in the stews. The service and atmosphere were a "5" but the food was "3.5". I averaged it out and gave them a 4.
You should change your scale to a ten point system. It would allow for less mistakes as well as fewer 5 star restaurants that really shouldn't b at the top.

UK
“Excellent and inventive interpretations of Burmese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great food at this place - I would suggest the brussels sprouts (what a surprise of deliciousness!!) and the pumpkin curry. But everything is great really, all my companions enjoyed their food. The salads are mixed at the table side in a show of artistry and care. I always go to this place whenever in SF and am never disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Livermore, California
“Excellent!!!! Pure heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Tried last week to get in but the wait was too long. This week we called at 6pm and got on the list. Man - let me tell you it is worth the wait and every penny. It was one of the best Asian meals I have ever had in the States. I spent time in Myanmar and Burma Superstar is really authentic.

Tea leaf salad is a must, the coconut chicken noodle soup is the best, and clay pot chicken was superb. Somehow we stuffed dessert down and it too was delicious - fried coconut pudding and banana jackfruit fritters.

I can't wait to go back. Well done

San Francisco, California
“Always check trip advisor at each bus stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Traveling from golden gate park on a 44 bus and we needed to get to filmore so we stopped at Clement and I decided to check trip advisor for a place to eat-and behold the no 8 restaurant on trip advisor came up -meal was great -service great -yellow bean tofu is home made and I would recommend it

Melbourne, Australia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Given all the TA hype. We went here. The 2 1/2 hour wait was a total waste of time for us on holiday & therefore limited time. Once we got the food, it was ok but pretty much average. Maybe in Melbourne we are spoilt for Asian, but the time wasted here was annoying.

• Visited October 2013