“An SF regular activity” 4 of 5 stars

56 Belden Pl, San Francisco, CA
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sauce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #870 of 5,012 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Off Kearney Between Bush & Pine
Transit: Off Kearney Between Bush and Pine we are about a block and a half from the Montgomery BART/MUNI and all the market street line, the cable car is a block in the other direction @ California and the 1 buss is two blocks. All in all we are in a transit hub, you can get to us.
LA California
“An SF regular activity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

One of the regular visits for me. The cozy little street is so european feeling and the dinner was great. The hanger steak was soooo good. I would definitely eat here again.

Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great food and good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sauce was a lucky find and the food was excellent. We really appreciated the service and quality at Sauce and next time I'm on business and want a smart/casual dinner with clients, we'll be going back.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful food, small venue with hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Charming place with good food, easy street parking an walking distance from Opera Hall and Davies. Decor is minimal, wait staff quite accommodating.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Excellent choice for a quiet dinner off-the-beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall
- On a quiet lane of restaurants not far from Union Square or Chinatown so the location is convenient
- service is excellent as our host and waiter was attentive and social
- reasonable prices for top-notch food quality, esp. for SF
- would definitely recommend for small groups (maybe up to 10 due to the size) and couples/friends
- great option for seafood

Good
- Food options that included seafood, pasta, usual meat and vegetarian options
- High quality food for both appetizers and main courses, with larger-than-average portions
- Great service from staff
- Nice decor and excellent location
- Allows you to bring your own wine with a corking fee, which is a nice option
- Clean bathrooms
- Not hard to find on Belden Place

Not-as-Good
- Not a huge place so perfect for my friend and I but probably not enough room for very large groups
- Few traditional tables as although the place was pretty empty when we dined, we sat at a table where one of us had a couch seat and the other had a high chair with a relatively small table; I looked around and didn't see any better options
- These are small items that really shouldn't take away from the whole experience which I'm confident would impress most

We were recommended this place from our hotel as a street with a few restaurant options and were not disappointed. We had dinner here on a Sunday night so I'm not sure how busy it gets during the day and other times, or if reservations are needed at other times. I started with a lobster bisque that was ok, and then moved onto the short ribs which was fantastic...I wish I could have finished it but the portion was too much for me. My friend had two seafood dishes for his app and main, which I've unfortunately forgotten but both were very good as well. If coming back to SF, I would definitely try and come back here again!!! Worth a try.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CA
“Ate here on a whim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was traveling with fellow faculty and students and the faculty chose this restaurant after asking our concierge what was close by that did something Californian. We'd eaten Italian, seafood and Chinese on our trip and needed a consensus on that night's dinner food! Students were otherwise occupied so it was an adult only dinner.
We ate inside as the air had chilled down and had the mini bacon wrapped meat loaf on mashed potato, the Mac and Cheese and the crab sandwich. All were good. My colleague said the bread on the crab sandwich was excellent.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant wasn't frightfully busy and our evening was only marred by loud talkers at the table beside us...not the restaurant 's fault!

• Visited June 2013