“A Gem in Frisco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lori's Diner

Lori's Diner
336 Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Union Square)
(415) 392-8646
Neighborhood: Union Square
McLean, Virginia
“A Gem in Frisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is one of those diners where you go in expecting the usual and come out having experienced really good food at very fair prices. I ate there twice on my recent visit to San Francisco and was telling anyone who asked about a place to eat to "go to Lori's!"

Service is quick and efficient and the food is plentiful, tasty, and not so much that you leave feeling stuffed beyond reason. In this day when we should all take better care of our health, you get enough food to be satisfied and still have room for dessert if so desired.

Thisis a gem of a diner and located near Union Square. Stop in for a quick meal.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pick another diner - too many good ones nearby to waste your time here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We sat at the counter, but a high partition prevents them from serving you over it so they have to awkwardly come in behind you on the stools. Very short staffed for a Sat AM with only two waitresses who worked really hard to keep up but couldn't. I watched one cook pick up a Belgian waffle right in front of me with his bare hands and plate it. Nasty. Food is meh and not worth the money or the wait for that first cup of coffee. Too many excellent diners just streets away to waste your time here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Somers, New York
“Dependable, fast service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I go here often for breakfast. It's in a convenient location, service is fast, and the food is always of dependable quality. Nothing spectacular, but a good solid meal. I usually get oatmeal with sliced banana; a good way to start my day.

Trenton, NJ
“Best bet for a speedy breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The waitress did not even wait for me to sit before offering me coffee. Not only was the coffee service fast, but also my French Toast! I was in and out of Lori's in less than 30 min. I have had better French Toast in SFO, but the service at Lori's can't be beat.

Visited February 2013
Irvine, California
“good food - fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a chain restaurant - many in SF. I ate at 2 different ones while in town - one off union square (on Post St. - I think) and another that I think was on Mason St (maybe it was Taylor??) Both had very good food - both had great music and fun wait staff. The one on Post even has a 50's era car inside - and it was turned into a booth - too funny! I personally liked the food and music here better than the famous Mel's diner chain.

Visited December 2012