“Nice Peruvian restaurant if you are the Mission area.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Limon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #426 of 5,005 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16th
Transit: BART Stops at 16th St. and Mission
Pune, India
“Nice Peruvian restaurant if you are the Mission area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Warm and welcoming staff. Nice done decor. Food Peruvian food. Try a bunch of tapas type of dishes from their menu, especially the ones with red eat. You won't go wrong. Avoid if you don't enjoy red meat.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Montana
“Tasty but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had some delicious starters - the ensalada tipica, the pescado ceviche and three fried roots - yuca, potatoes and sweet potatoes. We were a mixed group - Amer-Asians (2), Scots (3) and SE Asian (South Indian) - 1. The Asians all wanted a bit more spice although we liked the flavors. The more traditional Scots didn't like spicy but loved the fried potatoes, yuca not so much. The roasted chicken was a crowd pleaser and the Chicha Morada was a fun non-alcoholic option. The noise was a bit overwhelming - we sat up high in the back next to a very large noisy table. Downstairs closer to the front was all 4 tops, maybe a better option for next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Order the chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was looking for a restaurant close to a BART station because my friend was meeting me in the city from the east bay. I know there are 30 something new restaurants in this few blocks of Valencia but I was having trouble finding names of places or recs. I'd been to Limon before at this location as well as on So Van Ness and I knew it was good enough for a quick lunch. My friend got there first but I had trouble parking so I was a bit late. We were so full of travel stories to exchange it took us awhile to look at the menu, then even longer to order. The waiter was patient and kept checking back appropriately. We each had a 1/4 chicken with sides and it was delicious. The sauces were to die for too. My beans and rice side was so so but the salad was yummy. I had an excellent black drip coffee and my friend had a soft drink only so we didn't try the sangria on this visit. An owner or manager came and checked in on us and the wait staff was attentive. I'd go back and even bring my kid, for that chicken. I'm not a ceviche fan but there are many variations on the menu. Good for business lunch too, but leave plenty of time to park.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful dining experience, great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

What great menu, excellent rotisserie chicken, awesome side dishes, Ceviche Mixto…so delicious. All in the party were amazed at the menu and very fair priced with good sized servings. Very attentive service… I will be back…

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tokai, Japan
“Excellent Service and Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A very pleasant setting with great wait staff, even if the tables are too close together. First time, so we wanted to try a variety of things and had to skip the chicken everyone raves about.

Both the ceviche mixto and the seco de costillas (which I don't see on the TripAdvisor menu) were excellent. Every meat eater should try the latter. It was among the best secos I've ever eaten. The veggie empanadas were also very good. The only disappointment was the chicarron de pollo, but that may just not be the type of dish we like, rather than a poor example of the dish.

Still, at about $30 a person, this is not a cheap lunch in the Mission District.

• Visited September 2013