“Great Thai experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Basil - Thai Restaurant & Bar

Basil - Thai Restaurant & Bar
1175 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94103-3930 (SoMa)
415-552-8999
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
“Great Thai experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Found the place by advice from TripAdvisor.
Great, fresh food, nice service. Only 'but' is the noise level in the restaurant. If your looking for intimate conversation, this is probably not the place.

Northern California
“My New Year's Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I produce a New Year's Eve show at the Concourse Exhibition Center, and we have been coming here for our pre-show dinner for the past several years because the food is that good.

As far as Thai restaurants go, Basil Thai has a really diverse menu, and the cocktails are excellent! I tend to eat here whenever I'm in the neighborhood.

Visited December 2012
San Francisco, California
“Very Good Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Came here on whim. Got there at about 6:30 PM on a Thursday Night. Restaurant is rather nice size and well decorated. It looked somewhat empty when we arrived. There were diners at the back, which was fairly filled up. Restaurant was full when we left. I guess they prefer to seat and start serving from the back to forward. Full bar which was nice. Menu is extensive with many plates to choose from.. We ended up ordering drinks and appetizers. Drinks were about average in price. Appetizers were delicious and filling. Price on the upper end. We had the Pan Fried Dumplings and the Chicken Satay Skewers. For the main course. Green Curry, Minced chicken stir-fried with eggplant, bell peppers, basil, and Thai bird’s eye chili, Spicy wide rice noodles, skirt steak, onions, carrots, & egg stir-fried with basil, garlic & chili and sides of Brown and White Rice. All were excellent. **Caution** The Spicy Wide Noodle was SPICY for my taste but, my wife a daughter loved it. Overall, good experience. If I'm in the area, I might drop by again. The only thing holding me back, would be the price. "King of Thai" makes the same entree's, just as good and at a cheaper price. Your pretty much paying for ambiance and full bar.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco,CA
“Great Thai dishes with great service to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've eaten here several times and am always pleased with the result. The menu is extensive and the ambiance relaxed. The currys are delicious and the wait staff prompt and courteous, willing to explain the menu without hesitation. Recommended if you happen to be in the SOMA area at lunch time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Great Thai food in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I don't know if I would go out of my way to come here but being that I live near by I come quite often and am never disappointed. The yellow curry chicken is yummy and I really like their chicken satay.

• Visited July 2012