“Great Thai food in the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Basil - Thai Restaurant & Bar

Basil - Thai Restaurant & Bar
1175 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94103-3930 (SoMa)
415-552-8999
Good for: Romance, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Paris, France
“Great Thai food in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I don't know if I would go out of my way to come here but being that I live near by I come quite often and am never disappointed. The yellow curry chicken is yummy and I really like their chicken satay.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Glendale, California, United States
“Wow amazing raw oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

1 dollar raw oysters were huge and delicious. Very fresh and served with a green chile salsa. Great service , drunken beef very tender and flavorful. Pad se ew is a little boring , egg plant dish was very good. Tom ka gai flavorful. Service is attentive

Visited September 2012
San Francisco
“You Will Not Find Better Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Basil Thai Restaurant & Bar is a nice smallish restaurant in an area that is in need of the facelift that it appears to be getting. Eight of us went without a reservation on a night when the restaurant was serving a party of thirty and we were seated within ten minutes. You will not fine better service. The servers are fast, polite and personable. The décor of the restaurant is hip and vibrant, the bartender was beyond cool and this place was alive.

As far as the food is concerned I disagree with most and I thought long and hard about my review. In my view, if you are in Asia or accustomed to having authentic Thai food, the food is slightly above average. If you do not regularly have Thai food I could see you giving an outstanding rating.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Coconut Soup was delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Small place and packed when we went there. A bit loud because of all of the people. Ordered the spring rolls, coconut soup, braised beef, spicy chicken. All of the food was good, but the coconut soup was delicious. So much so that I tipped back the bowl to get every last drop.

Visited June 2012
“Great Thai Food and great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We had the Sirloin and the duck in red curry with rice and it all tastet very good. Good seasoning and not too spicy. The waiter was very good too. We spent $56 for two people with one starter, beer and white wine and even with taxes and gratuity. We came a little before 6 pm and there were happy hour on snacks and drinks. Cozy restaurant, cheap and great food!