“Special crab and noodles” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thanh Long

Thanh Long
4101 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122-1124 (Sunset)
415-665-1146
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sunset
Los Angeles, CA
“Special crab and noodles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Decided on Tranh Long based on Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed! Appetizers were 2 orders of the crispy rice paper roll with chicken, one Budda roll (vegetarian and gluten free), and the mango salad. We had three roast crabs for 7 people, 2 orders of the famous garlic noodles, vegetables and rice- all finger licking good! The creme brûlée was creamy and the fried ice cream was like a big donut filled with ice-cream. All pricy but delicious. Service was excellent and the noise level allowed conversation. Plastic bibs were distributed before and warm wet washcloths after our crab meal. We took the N Judah street car from our hotel near Union Square- stops outside the restaurant. Our friends from Marin County all found parking in the neighborhood (3 card) - but there is valet parking for $12. Will visit again when in San Francisco!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oakland, California
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I enjoyed Thanh Long restaurant! The food is savory and delicious and the service was great! The atmosphere is very casual and you will find locals as well as tourists eating there. You will not be disappointed in your meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bay Area, CA
“Theyve got the market cornered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food is very straightforward but good. The roast crab is good. I stopped talking when I was eating. The garlic noodles didn't do it for me. I'd rather have a bowl of rice with my crab. There are options for non seafood people. Overall, its very pricey but like I said they've got it cornered. Not too many doing this. Wouldn't make it a regular thing but maybe once a year to make it special.

San Diego, California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Thanh Long is a must stop visit when in San Francisco. This was my second time visiting and again it did not disappoint. The first time all I had were the garlic noodles and crab and my family and I could not stop talking about it. So when we had the chance to go again for a graduation celebration we could not wait. The appetizers we had were just as good as the crab and noodles. I cannot wait to visit San Francisco again so I can make another visit here. Be aware, they open at 5:00 PM and there are always parties waiting at the door for them to open.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Ate at Thanh Long in late February 2014. This was the first restaurant my family and I went to on our vacation to San Francisco. The food was very good. Ordered the garlic noodles which was more than enough for me (they give you a huge plate that everyone can share). My brother ordered the crab which was huge. It's a little cramped in the restaurant but after you immerse yourself in the food, you forget being cramped. Besides, its easier for other customers to lean over and say "Hey, what's that" or laugh at you trying to smash open one of the crabs. Lol. If you like crab, this is definitely a place you need to try.

• Visited February 2014