“Late Night Meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Chow

Park Chow
1240 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122 (Sunset)
415 665-9912
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #559 of 5,005 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sunset
Description: At Park Chow we support our neighbors and local farms by offering fresh, organic, healthy ingredients. Our chicken is organic free-range, our beef is natural & organic and our seafood is sustainably caught & delivered fresh. All our desserts are made fresh daily in our Lafayette location and fresh juices are pressed to order. This commitment to quality has put us on San Francisco Chronicle's list of the Top 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area nine years in a row.
So Calif
“Late Night Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Wanted a lte night meal after arriving in SFO after 9pm. Found Park Chow through another review site. Parking on 9th Ave wasn't a problem on a Friday night. Our party of 4 had Linguine w/clams, Fusiilli with marinara; Smiling Noodles, and Goat Cheese with Walnut toast. Everything was very tasty. The good thing was they have medium portion with was just the right size for the time of night. Service and ambiance were both very good. Pricing for the Linguine was about $12 everything else was less. I wish there were places like this in So Calif. I would recommend and return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Sacramento, California
“Nice little neighborhood restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice neighborhood restaurant if you want casual fare. There are always fresh pies here. The food is tasty, although I had remembered it being even better a few years ago. I've been there for brunch, lunch and dinner... and although it is someplace I will return to, it isn't really a place that I crave.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“good neighborhood spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Park Chow is still a good neighborhood spot but quality decreased over the last two years - we seak food and service. I have been going there for over ten years but it is no longer my first choice in the neighborhood. Prices are still fair considering other places, food is generally good and fresh (used to be excellent), service is kind of hectic.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“Total package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The thing about Park Chow and Chow on Church Street is that it's really a no brainier. I have eaten there over twenty times and the service is so friendly, the food is so good, and the prices so fair, that its hard to move on. San Francisco can be such a rip-off, and the restaurants so pretentious that after dinner you just wanna say, "really?" They often are such let downs. At Chow, you feel good when you leave. The server leaves a smile on your face, the food leaves your tummy happy, and your wallet doesn't ache. I love these restaurants!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chow R, Israel Berdougo, General Manager at Park Chow, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thanks for the stars! I'm beyond pleased to hear that you've always had a great experience dining with us, and look forward to sharing your kind words with the rest of our team. So I have to ask, what's your favorite thing on the menu? We hope to serve you again soon!

Take care,

Israel Berdougo, General Manager
Clovis, California
“A Haphazard Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We went with another family on a busy Sunday afternoon and the disjointed service combined with the VERY long wait for our order to be served took the shine off of what was pretty good food ordered from an interesting menu. It also doesn't help that you are packed like sardines inside. A little too hectic and unorganized for my taste. I guess the throngs of locals are used to it or it was an off-day.

Visited October 2012
Chow R, Israel Berdougo, General Manager at Park Chow, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us, Erik. I was concerned to read your comments, primarily because timely and attentive service is something we strive for. I apologize if this wasn't your experience, and will make a point of sharing your feedback with our team. Hopefully, you enjoyed your food! What did you happen to order?

I know we can do better, and would love the opportunity to put our best foot forward the next time you're in town. Thanks again, and take care.

Best regards,