“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Piperade

Piperade
1015 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111-1220 (North Beach / Telegraph Hill)
415-391-2555
Transit: -Muni/Bart Stop nearby -Streetcars -Busline 10
bay area
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food has good presentation and sophisticated taste. Parking is easier than expected. The crab salad is good but steak is a bit disappointing.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Local's Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

San Francisco is my home town and travel is my passion. Wherever I travel, my wife and I enjoy dining where the local's dine and ask the residents about their favorite places.

Piperade is on my list to recommend to family and friendd visiting San Francisco.

Highly recommend, dungeness crab appetizer, rack of lamb entree and any Basque classic main course whatever nite your visit.

Cheers.

San Mateo, California, United States
“Best SF Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This small gem never fails to wow even the most jaded palates. Great service for large and small parties in an upscale setting. An added bonus- easy street parking in the evening makes for a relaxing evening.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sparks, Nevada
“I Think I Might Be A Little Biased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being Basque, I really wanted to see what SF offered in the way of Basque cuisine. I was expecting a LOT more, so I think I was more than a little disappointed. This is a French Basque restaurant, and influenced heavily by French cuisine. Ok, I am good with that, but I really wanted a kalimotxo, a traditional Basque drink, and the bartender looked at me like I was nuts. I told her how to make it, and she was happy to oblige, but come on. I just think the staff needs to be a little more schooled in what they are serving.

That being said, the stuffed piquillo peppers were AMAZING as was the tomato tartlet. Delicious. The food was good, the dinner service was snooty, and I wish there were more traditional Basque dishes on the menu.

The menu did state that it was "West Coast Basque" which I think is a nice way of saying that there isn't much Basque stuff on the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Wonderful Basque food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sophisticated, attentive, but not intrusive wait staff. Calamari in a reduction sauce top of the line! Great rack of lamb and Basque "'bouillabaisse". Such a fine place. Our family from Danville highly recommended this place, and we were so pleased.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere