“Great neighborhood place on Nob Hill” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nob Hill Cafe

Nob Hill Cafe
1152 Taylor St, San Francisco, CA 94108-1916 (Nob Hill)
415-776-6500
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great neighborhood place on Nob Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Cozy restaurant with neighborhood feel away from the crowds around Union Square. Had great butternut squash gnocchi and sole. Very good wines by the glass. No reservations and place filled up quickly after 6 PM. Highly recommended.

Hong Kong, China
“Like being in a movie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

By chance, I was in the neighborhood alone as I just came off a flight in search of some food. It was 2pm and I just needed something very light.
I had a vegetable soup which came in a very large bowl, extremely sumptuous, followed by the most tasty bruschetta. Hot earl grey followed. I felt very much satisfied.
The service was courteous, informal and very Italian. The restaurant was cosy and comfortable, reminiscent of what one sees in a movie with people dining casually in a small quaint eatery.
Too bad my stay is short or I will love to be back and sample something else on menu.

Santa Barbara, California
“Small Italian Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Exactly like many we have had while visiting Italy in Umbria and Tuscany. Delightful small café away from the business of the town center. Had a nice bottle of Italian wine outside while waiting for our table. My evening special pizza with Gorgonzola and pears was exceptional. My wife and friends all had pasta dishes that were equally exceptional. The staff was gregarious and helpful. We sat next to the kitchen and didn't mind it a bit. Everything upbeat and definitely worth the wait.

Banff National Park, Canada
“Have the Tortellini!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went to the Nob Hill Cafe recently with friends. Had to wait about 45 minutes to get a table, if they take reservations, make one in advance. Had a some wine outside on the patio while we waited which was fine.

Once we were inside, the food was amazing. So so tasty. I had the tortellini with cream sauce which was to die for. Caprese Salad was very well done as well. Wine prices weren't outrageous either. They had a $20 bottle of wine which was not terrible.

Service was fast, our waitress was very very nice.

I would highly recommend this restaurant!!

Boulder
“Great neighborhood restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you want to get out of the main restaurant, tourist-scene, this is a good option. Since it was near our hotel, and rec'd good TA reviews, we decided to give it a shot. Friday night on SF marathon weekend so we knew it would be a challenge and it was - 45 min wait, outside, since there is no space to wait indoors - but it was worth it. We were lucky enough to get a window table, in the side dining room so our experience was a little different than some of the other reviews (which I agree with - very small, cramped tables, and you wouldn't want to be in the side with the kitchen). The food was very good - but not the best ever - and I especially recommend the carbonara, and the bread! Service was excellent, and prices reasonable...for SF. Nice that this seems to be a locals favorite.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere