“Lovely evening at Fleur De Lys” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Taylor & Jones
“Lovely evening at Fleur De Lys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Fleur De Lys did not disappoint. The buffalo was really tasty and the wine pairing went well. The ambience was welcoming and the service was exceptional. If you want a stylish evening with great food, this place is high on the list in SF.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Once Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Since my trips to SF are infrequent, it's been a long time since my last meal at Fleur de Lys. It didn't disappoint. Great atmosphere, excellent food, attentive and friendly wait staff. The wine pairings were a treat. Please try the Kobe beef cheek preparation or the Pork.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Beautiful French cuisine with a California twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Chef Hubert Keller brought back a truer symbol to San Francisco then just the old monarchy or a football team, but fantastic food representative of the many regions of France, and blended a twist of California and bay area cuisine in with it. As a result, you have one of the best restaurants in San Francisco.

The service staff both Captain and Back server were very attentive and professional throughout the night, constantly refilling our drinks as they came to half way, (because I drink a lot of water when I’m drinking a lot of wine!) crumbing the table, folding napkins, and clearing at the exact times required.

I chose the five-course menu: Baekeoffe of Escargots and truffles, chilled red beet borscht, Roasted Maine Lobster, Scottish Salmon, Filet Mignon with lobster truffled mac and cheese, Kobe beef cheeks, Fleurburger dessert.
read my full review at http://winedineandplay.blogspot.com/2013/08/fleur-de-lys.html

Over all a beautiful meal, and chef Keller came out at the conclusion, signed a copy of the menu I requested, and chatted for several minutes.

Wonderful

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Exquisite food, seamless service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I have been to this restaurant several times over the years. As this was a special birthday for him, he said he wanted to return. What can I say???...their food, service and atmosphere has never faltered. They clearly have not rested on their laurels, as so many restaurants can do. Kudos to Hubert Keller for your elegant establishment which has never failed to offer your best. If you want to have a special evening out and a memorable dining experience, you will not be disappointed here.

Rome, Italy
“Our kid licked her plate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

After hearing that Chef Keller had an excellent vegetarian menu, we decided to go this restaurant on a recent trip to San Francisco (I am vegetarian, but not my husband). We were travelling with our 21 month daughter and decided to take her along to the restaurant on our culinary expedition in California. The staff were very polite ad welcoming when we got the restaurant but were clearly unaccustomed to having kids frequent the place. There do not have high chairs or boosters. My husband had the 5 course tasting menu (with wine pairing) while I had the 3 course vegetarian menu. The food was delicately prepared and absolutely delicious. Our daughter tried everything and literally licked her plate (a truly rare compliment from her!). The food is comparable to what we have tasted at Michelin star restaurants. The service was attentive and we had an excellent evening all round. If we find ourselves in San Francisco again, Fleur de Lys will most certainly be on our list for fine dining.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere