“Fantastic lamb dishes and great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kokkari Estiatorio

Kokkari Estiatorio
200 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94111 (Financial District)
(415) 981-0983
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokkari Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4,937 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front St.
Columbus, Ohio
“Fantastic lamb dishes and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food and service was exceptional, but I found the fireplace to be most notable in my dining experience. I've never seen a fireplace with a lamb on a spit in the center of a fine dining restaurant, and yet they managed to pull it off. This is a high recomened for dinner if your tired of the same old thing for dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
  • Greek first
Austin, Texas, United States
“Overall Quality and Classy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wife and I made reservations in advance to make sure we could get to try this restaurant. Great service and classy overall establishment. Ambiance is first rate. We started with the Calamari which was outstanding. Wife had the roasted chicken and I had the braised lamb which just fell off the bone. Overall very good. A tad loud and crouded in the large room, but we had a very nice time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“My high expectations were exceeded!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Incredible food, great atmosphere, the top of the list for any San Francisco visit!!! Our party of 4 shared 10 appetizers, and got a taste of almost all everything the chef had to offer! A great way to enjoy this fine restaurant!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“My Favorite Restaurant in San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Kokkari is my favorite restaurant in San Francisco, and I live in the Bay Area. I have dined here with my husband and I have also brought my team of 8 people here more than once for special celebrations. The food is delicious, unique, and consistent. We always start the meal with a selection of their appetizers, served on platters for the table to share: lamb skewers, zucchini cakes, kalamata pita, grilled octopus, Greek salad are all DELICIOUS. For mains, you can't beat their whole grilled fish. The only thing we've not been thrilled with is the roasted lamb .... we find that their lamb skewer appetizer is much tastier. One time they offered a goat stew as a special and that was delicious, too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Top quality food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

As this was our last night in San Francisco we thought it should be a special one, and we weren't wrong. After looking on trip advisor I suggested we try the number 1 as suggested by other customers and they were right to say its number 1. For starters I had duck dumplings in a tomato sauce but it was more like ravioli but the pasta was crispy but delicious. My wife had the lamb meatballs in a slightly spicy sauce which again were very traditional but really nice. To go with the meal we had a bottle of white wine but was unusual as it had a rosemary after taste, not had it before as I tend to drink mainly italian wines, however it went really well with the dishes. For main I had the lamb chops served with roasted potatoes which were cooked pink and to perfection. My wife had the roasted chicken with potatoes, this was a very large portion but tasted out of this world. Couldn't manage a dessert due to the portions they serve but if I ever have the chance to visit this fantastic city again I will definitely go to Kokkari Estiatorio again! Thanks for a memorable evening!

Visited July 2013