“The best of the best for authentic pizza and Italian flair” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tommaso's Restaurant

Tommaso's Restaurant
1042 Kearny St, San Francisco, CA 94133 (Financial District)
(415) 398-9696
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Financial District
Sacramento, California
“The best of the best for authentic pizza and Italian flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our family has been going to this restaurant for over 40 years. There is simply no other restaurant in North Beach, or anywhere in San Francisco that has the best food, service, and overall charm that this place exudes. It is like being in a family restaurant in Italy, welcoming and the food is to die for!
Go once and you will be wanting to come back for more and more. The passion shows and it is a place that never compromises on quality or quantity. Reasonable prices and no reservations but show up, you will be glad you did!.

• Visited February 2013

CA
“good price and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

after reading yelp and we give the place a try. good price, good food & good portion...
we thought the coco clams were a bit over cooked but the rest.. the pizza.. pasta... desserts.. & the wine (private label for the restaurant) were all really worth every penny and delicious!!

Visited February 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“The best meal we had in SF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Oh my goodness, where do I begin? This will be the one place I recommend to all my friends visiting SF. We went on a Sunday night and did have to wait 40 minutes. I was really hoping it would be worth it. It most certainly was. One nice thing is that they served drinks to everyone waiting, so that helped pass the time. The pizza was delicious. We also ordered a ceasar salad and it had the most delicious, thick slices of parmesan. You do sit VERY close to your neighbor and it is VERY loud, but I think it adds to the ambiance. I will be dreaming about that pizza.

• Visited February 2013
Boston
“Best Pizza Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Tommaso's rocks! After many trips to San Francisco, we finally ate here and can say that we enjoyed the best pizza we have ever eaten anywhere. No hype here, just great pizza. All the other stuff was pretty darn good too. The few reviews that question the food and atmosphere seem very odd, and frankly are probably unfair. I suppose anyone can have a bad experience or a bad meal once in a while, but Tommaso's gets it right. We dined with friends who have eaten here many times and they share our positive thoughts.

We buzzed through a number of shared items - calamari (also the best I've ever had), coos coos clams (I think I'm spelling that correctly), pizza (try the Burrata pizza, which I understand is permanently on the menu now - Burrata is a high-quality mozzarella infused with mascarpone, which just explodes with flavor when you bite in to it). This Burrata pizza is simply prepared with the cheese, fresh tomato, and fresh basil. We also enjoyed gnocchi and veal roast. Believe the hype - the Tiramisu, yet again, is the very best I have ever enjoyed anywhere.

Arrive early or late for the shortest waits, be patient, enjoy the vibe of your fellow guests waiting for a table, and once seated, soak up all the old-world charm of this family-owned and run northern Italian ristorante.

We live in Boston, have many fine Italian and pizza places to choose from here, but can not wait to get back out to San Francisco to dine at Tommaso's again.

• Visited January 2013
Milan, Italy
“The best pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

You can't visit San francisco without stopping by Tommaso's. As an Italian, living near Milan but often to SF for work, I have to say that Tommaso's pizza is for sure the best pizza I've ever had in the US if not the best pizza I've ever had in Italy. My recommendation for you is pizza number 8! But I love their homemade pesto ravioli too and, as dessert, their tiramisù is a must. This is the only place I know where they make authentic Italian espresso, using the Italian moka! I wish Tommaso's was a Café too, I would have coffee there all the time 'cause I really feel like at home.

• Visited January 2013