“My oh my” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mama's on Washington Square

Mama's on Washington Square
1701 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA 94133-2914 (North Beach)
+1 415-362-6421
Neighborhood: North Beach
Scotland
“My oh my”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Well worth the 1 hour wait. This small restaurant is so good. Food was fantastic and could hardly move after it. Would thoughly recommend the Washington Omelette and the Kugelhopf. Delish ..... Staff were so good and coffee tops ups kept flowing. Standing in the queue outside watching the Tai Chi was good and sun was shining so very pleasant. Would recommend this place in a flash.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Mama's lived up to its reputation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I turned up at Mama's around 10am and saw the long queue round the side of Mama's. We joined the queue and 1.5 hours later, we were shown to our seats. I ordered the Californian omelette, which had bacon, avocado and jack cheese and my husband ordered the Washington omelette - can't remember what's in it, think I tasted spicy italian sausage but it was delicious! We also shared a cranberry and orange french toast - I am salivating just thinking about that breakfast! We both loved everything and we went straight into a food coma afterwards but it was all worth it! The long wait and the food coma! Highly recommend that you try out Mama's!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“The Go-To place for Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is THE place for breakfast in North Beach. Get there early though. We were there at 8:05 on a weekday & had a 5 min wait. There was a long line within moments. The staff is busy but friendly. We spoke to the owner/chef while waiting to order & his recommendations were right on. Try the homemade jam on anything. Scrumptious.

Visited February 2013
Citrus Springs, Fl
“Worth the hour wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were warned if you get there after 8:30 am you will wait at least 1 hr. and we did. So delicious and worth it. Very nice staff, fun atmosphere and delicious food. I had the sampler french toast with fresh fruit. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Washington
“Worth the wait for me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Saturday, (crazy!) It was a beautiful spring morning, waiting in line! One of us waited while the other 2 people went to get focaccia from liguria's bakery across the street...food was fantastic, staff was nice and quick!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere