“I am in love with this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kate's Kitchen

Kate's Kitchen
471 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117-3505 (Hayes Valley)
415-626-3984
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Hayes Valley
Geneva, New York
“I am in love with this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Oh, how I wish there was a Kate's Kitchen where I live. We were staying in the Hayes area during our SF visit and discovered this unpretentious warm friendly spot. We returned two more times during our time in SF. Irene, our server, is wonderful - she's warm, friendly, relaxed. And the food ... how do I begin? Their cornmeal pancakes are exceptional, and what's even better, you can order so many variations, such as strawberry/banana/lemon curd. Their French Toast Orgy is, well, orgiastic. Their homemade corned beef hash is the best - big chunks of corned beef, potatoes, carrots, onions. Unfortunately, I ordered it during our third visit, and, unlike our first visit, much of it was burnt. That aside, I can't say enough positive about this eatery. I can't imagine a better breakfast place in SF. And talk about reasonably priced! Irene told us it's mobbed on the weekend, and our 3 visits were weekday mornings and we never had to wait. Did I mention that I love this place?

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
“Funky Breakfast Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

While visiting San Francisco, a local recommended this place and we really liked it. Both the Hash and Pumpkin French Toast were excellent. They even served real maple syrup. The Hash serving was large enough to take leftovers back to the apartment for the next morning. We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and our server. I recommend going during the week rather than on the weekends when it gets real busy (waiting line out the door) and the small space gets a bit noisy. We ate there twice and enjoyed it both times. It is a place the locals seem to like. Also, the prices were very reasonable...especially for San Francisco.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Exactly what it says!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

First breakfast ever in San Francisco and we weren't dissapointed! The fruit orgy was great and everything just seemed real fresh! Friendly waitress who was with us the moment we walked through the door! Perfect local cafe!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England
“OK Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We visited at a busy time but the food took a while to come and the fries had loads of burnt bits in it

overall ok but not great

Visited May 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Delicious brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I can't remember what other kinds of foods this restaurant offers, but the 5 of us had brunch when we were there. Tasty dishes, all of them. Reasonable prices. Super friendly wait-staff.

Visited February 2012