“Pork Chops for Breakfast... I'm In!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pork Store Cafe

Pork Store Cafe
1451 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117 (The Haight)
(415) 864-6981
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 4,947 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Diner, Café
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: The Haight
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Pork Chops for Breakfast... I'm In!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Pork Chops for breakfast.... I'm in! My cousin sent me over to the Pork Store for breakfast. It was a great choice. The inside is very open with high ceilings. The front wall has some large windows and we picked a table their so we could watch everyone walk by. The hostess said we could pick our seats and I thought that was pretty cool. I'm not used to the Cali / West Coast laid back attitude.

I wasn't a fan of their coffee but my pork chops and eggs were fantastic. My fiance ordered the Belgian waffle with yogurt, fruit and granola. The waffle was HUGE! The portion is enough for two people.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere, price and quality of food here.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buckinghamshire
“WOW...just WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This isn't the sort of place what I would normally go into however we were staying with friends and they took us here for breakfast. I was SO happy that we did, it was the best breakfast I think I've ever had.

We sat at the bar and watched the food being cooked, I think these are the best seats as you have prime view and get regular (free) coffee top ups. The coffee is good as well.

I ordered a short stack of banana and walnut blueberries which consisted of 2 HUGE pancakes for fruit cooked in it as well as on top. These were honestly the best American pancakes i've had. There was lots of choice of toppings to choose form.

My husband had a Mexican breakfast with bacon, onions tomatoes cooked with garlic and served with hashbrowns and eggs however you order them. This was equally delicious and huge.

This is definitely a must go breakfast location!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ames, Iowa
“Delicious, classic breakfast diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by friends who regularly visit San Francisco, and it definitely lived up to their rave reviews. Due to a pressed schedule, we had to get our breakfast to go, but it was fun to feel the energy and vibe in the packed one-room restaurant while waiting for our breakfast to be cooked, which only took a few minutes. We got the chicken apple sausages with scrambled eggs, hash browns, and fabulous biscuits. It was all delicious! The staff were friendly and efficient. The prices were reasonable. I would recommend it as a must when visiting the Haight-Ashbury district. Make sure to check out the old stained-glass sign above the front door.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Austria
“For the perfect start in the morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

A very tiny and cosy place - single room concept. The food was simply delicious. The waitress was very relaxed and friendly. The walk to the restaurant led us through the beautiful Haight-Ashbury quarter where there are a lot of hippies.

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Quick, good. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Small and clean place with friendly counter service. Had the 49'er w sausage gravy - SO much food and pretty tasty I almost hurt myself trying to finish it. My friends' French toast was crispy on the outside, doughy on the inside...yum. Bacon was so so, good quality, just not cooked right - maybe rushed.