“Downright Delicious Food” 5 of 5 stars

+1 415-550-6970
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lolinda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #503 of 5,012 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Argentinean, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A new kind of Argentinian Steakhouse that combines Latin American flavors with Californian sensibilities
San Francisco, California, United States
“Downright Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at Lolinda Restaurant in the wonderful gastro-rich mission district of San Francisco. Occupying the former digs of another successful venture, Lolinda is relatively new focusing on small Tapas-style plates surrounding an Argentinian cuisine. My table had the opportunity to sample a number of dishes which were all incredible in their own right. Some particular favorites were a vegetable pot pie called Pastel de Vegetales, with beautiful crust top and sweet filling of fresh vegetables. I also loved the braised short ribs called Tira. My hands down favorite however was a bahn mi style chorizo sandwich with a crispy baguette bread and spicey, crunchy chorizo and veggie filling called Choripan. The number of these filling the kitchen staging counter showed it was a house favorite as well.

The ambiance is a bit loud but I could still carry out a conversation. The service is excellent but the kitchen got backed up from time to time so some plates came out fast and others slower. I will definitely be going back again and again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

California Hot Springs, California
“Good NOT great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Long because i dont like to give bad reviews. It was an interesting experience. Open since October, 2012 just north of Silicon Valley (actually in the Mission district in San Francisco) I find it shocking that I am only the number 9 reviewer. But, oh well. So here goes. We were a small table and seated as soon as they opened, that being said, we were stuck in corner. They did offer to move us but the others declined. So off we go to order drinks… two glasses of wine and two mixed drinks (both of which had to be sent back because there came different than ordered) Next were appetizers, which being with what I termed “my three little piggies” there were many. All were excellent. Then main dishes, which again the trio ordered way too much! Those were also excellent. Next desert, good, but nothing special. Then the bill arrived…. Which turned out to be about $80.00 a person.. OUCH, That is where I have to take this review down a few notches.

I never did figure out if we had one waiter or two, so never made that connection. Also the place was packed and that’s a good thing, however the restrooms got messy. I guess when I pay $80.00 for a dinner, I expect more. .. Almost perfection. I still think it’s a great place and it was a good experience, but I wouldn’t rush back, which I guess is the ultimate take away from a review.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Georgetown
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lolinda is a very lively restaurant located in the colorful Mission area. Noisy but very positive atmosphere, excellent argentinian food essentially meat, huge portions for very little price. It really changes from the usual american steakhouses, at Lolinda you can eat with your meat excellent grilled vegetables and a very large choice of starters like squid or lentils salad. All in all we spent a very good evening with a melting pot of san franciscans.

Pacifica, California
“LOUD but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

One of the loudest restaurants I've ever been to. (We were curious as to just how loud, so I downloaded a decibel reader. 100 decibels. But I digress ...)

Food was superb. I started with a great tomato soup; wonderfully savory abd spicy, followed by a great steak, cooked perfectly. (So good, half of it made one of the best steak sandwiches I've ever had a few days later.) My wife had ceviche and a salad and pronounced them both top notch.

Service was great, friendly and attentive without hovering. Cocktails and dessert were above average, too.

Fairly expensive, but I felt we got what we paid for, even with the noise. I'll happily return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“Wow...Delish!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hosted a 15 person client executive dinner here, on the recommendation of a friend. As we pulled up to the unassuming exterior...I was becoming skeptical about the choice. Drab. Gray. Almost missed the sign. But man...once you enter...greatness! Dark but stylish decor without being trendy. And the food---Every single course brought unique offerings with a compelling burst of flavor in each bite. Best item---the pork belly.

Such a delicious choice. And the service...absolutely impeccable. Highly recommend!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere