“HORRIBLE STAY AWAY!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Delhi, California, United States
“HORRIBLE STAY AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Dinner with my husband and two small children. We had a hard night, and only ate this slop because we were starving. We waited over 45 minutes from ordering to getting our lukewarm to cold food. I had Pasta Pesto with Chicken - terrible, felt nauseated, lost it a few hours later. My husband had the tortellini, which was cold and bland. My children had noodles with butter, which was more noodles with margarine soup. Very unhappy, and all for $60. Never again! We went at 8pm, only two or three other families in the restaurant, so no excuse for the slow service or cold food. I seldom give a one star, but this place doesn't even deserve the one star. Stay away.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Vienna, Austria
“Decent pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am unsure how to rate this restaurant since I rather liked my pizza, while my boyfriend hated his, so I'm going with average. I had Luigi's All Meats Pizza, while he had Treasure Island. What we can agree on is that the view, despite it being next to Bubba's, is not that great for Pier 39, and it was definitely overpriced. The servers seemed a bit unmotivated and weren't as overly friendly as we're used for American standards, which didn't bother us however, as we don't like having someone ask us how the food is every five minutes while we're eating.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pacheco, CA
“Frozen Pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I live in the Bay Area and rarely eat at any of the restaurants on Pier 39. As a native San Franciscan, I know that they are all generally overpriced and cater to tourists so it is a habit for some of these "mall" type restaurants to skimp on quality. Luigi's was an all time low for a "pizzaria" The crust was like cardboard and the pizza was flavorless. We ordered the combination which came out with sausage, bell pepper and onion, none of which was fresh. The salad bar (which we only went to because the waiter told us it would be complimentary due to the lengthy time we waited while they apparently made the wrong pizza) was pathetic.

The only reason we chose this place was that we wanted to be at the end of the pier and we wanted something "quicker" than a full seafood restaurant. Next time I'll stick with my original plan and get something from the sidewalk vendors (clam chowder is usually terrific or crab is generally awesome!)

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Over priced, typical of the wharf”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reiterate the previous comments regarding this pizzeria that is located at the bottom of the pier and on the second floor. I have the hot wings apps to start that cost $9 and were small in size and quantity, and not that good on the palate either.
We shared a large Luigi's meat pizza (14") between myself and my girlfriend and although edible it was not great. Rather doughy and the meats were of poor quality. I have visited pier 39 on many occasions and like to mix it up rather than eat in the same places all the time, but in future visits I may have to return to one of the other restaurants and I suggest you do the same.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Really expensive pizza. tasted ok though. Plastic plates, Plastic cups, Plastic knifes and forks... get real please. If you want to use plastic... lets pay accordingly. Would skip this one. Shabby, not too clean and again PLASTIC everything.. never again...

Visited December 2012