“This is it” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Oviedo, Spain
“This is it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Best Pizza in San Francisco...!! No more, no less.

Before they moved to the corner in front they were the best pizza in SF even though the restaurant itself was not fancy at all. Now that they have moved, not only they still serve the best pizza in town but also it is a nice place to sit down and enjoy.

The typycal pepperoni pizza is the best I´ve ever had, and I tell you one thing, since my very first visit to San Francisco in 1994 I´ve been to this restaurant more than 50 times, moreover, I´ve sent every single friend, family and person I know there...

I usually do the following. I land in SF, go to North Beach Pizza, grab a Pepperoni and Chess Piza and drive up to the Coit Tower and enjoy it with a frozen coke.

This is the best way to start your journey in SF.

I LOVE THIS PLACE....

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been going to this pizza restaurant now for several years (since 2004, when it was North Beach Pizza), and I make a point of going on every visit to San Francisco. This is generally three times per year. On a longer visit, I will often eat here more than once.

I have never had a poor pizza here, and I have never had poor service. In fact, one waiter who has been there for several years (Martin) remembers me from visit to visit.

I do find that a few things have slipped since it is no longer a North Beach Pizza outlet, however.

One is the repairs to the facilities. While the toilet for women has been entirely redone (nicely), the one for men is badly in need of repair -- as pointed out by one of my acquaintances. Also, tables are loose at the bolts, and I nearly overturned my pitcher of beer when the table gave way unexpectedly as I got up to use the restroom.

These details need to be addressed, as they reflect poorly on the overall establishment.

The only other observations I have are these: there is no open WiFi, which in this day and age, in that sort of location, is unacceptable; and, the price of the beer has literally doubled from a reasonable 13-14 dollars for a pitcher, to between 25-30 dollars. The pizza pricing has remained more or less steady. While prices do go up, one can easily find pitchers of beer in San Francisco in the 15 dollar range, so this needs to be reconsidered by management.

As one of my pleasures was relaxing and not rushing over pizza and a pitcher, the increased cost of the latter does have me revisiting whether or not I will dine there as often.

The menu does include other items, which I am not qualified to judge, as I have never eaten anything other than the pizza.

On a recent visit there was also a minor problem with a large group sitting at a central, long table. As they were indeed questionable, they were being watched carefully, which I can understand. However, one over-zealous waiter nabbed me while on my way to the toilet and implied the accusation that I was "running" and not going to pay my bill (this was the concern with the other table). As I was sitting nearby, perhaps he mistook me for one of them, but careful observation would have shown that I got up from a booth elsewhere, still had food on my table, and that my bag and jacket were on the seat (hardly something I'd leave behind). My own waiter indicated he'd address the matter and instruct the younger, newer staff member to be more observant and careful. I presume this was done.

Other than that, my meal was as good as usual, and the service was also attentive. I will be returning on another visit, and I do recommend the pizza.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Poor quality average service and woefully overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a very ordinary pizza whichever cost way in excess of what it was worth. The waiter's skills where better suited to McDonalds and I think he would have been more comfortable there. Very disappointed to find such a poor restaurant on Pier 39.....

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg Manitoba
“Go For the Food Not the Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited this restaurant on Pier 39 at supper time. Although the restaurant was not busy and there appeared to be adequate staff in place, I would have to say that the staff appeared indifferent for the most part. Tables were dirty, we were left standing at the door for quite a while before being acknowledged and after we were seated, it took a long time to receive some attention from the waiter. The pizza, however, was very tasty when it arrived.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Delicious Chianti, average Pizza!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went to North Beach Pizza on our first evening in San Francisco on recommendation by a friend. As it was a Saturday night it was reasonably busy, perhaps the service suffered a little due to this. We had to work hard to attract the waitresses attention just to order and then again a couple of times throughout the meal. We ordered a bottle of their Chianti and both really enjoyed it, the food however, was not so delicious. We ordered Calamari to start and a half and half pizza to share. The calamari wasn't fresh and we ended up covering it in the dipping sauce just to add some flavour! My half of the pizza was covered in garlic - ordinarily I love garlic but this was too much. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this place and I'm certain San Francisco has much better pizza on offer!

• Visited September 2012