“A Close Walk to Moscone Center.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,777 of 5,014 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Delicatessen, Fast Food
Los Angeles, California
“A Close Walk to Moscone Center.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I have stopped by this deli for my morning bagel and trade show snacks for years. It is conveniently located kitty korner from the Intercontinental Hotel and on the way to the Moscone Center. I always support patronizing independently owned businesses (over Starbucks, for instance) when I can. In seasons past, this place was perfect with always having an assortment of fresh bagels etc. I must say, this season, their offerings declined. I was there two times this week. The first time at 8am, they only had wheat and cheese bagels. They were either out of and/or did not order raisin or other varieties. The second time, they also ordered only a dozen fresh bagels for the day and there were limited types available. I was told I could have a "fresh frozen" raisin bagel from two days prior. I also think the butter was not fresh on the second visit this week. Because of this experience, I will not go back today. I will not write this place totally off yet and give them another chance when I return next season. Historically it was a very good option. This week I'm disappointed. Coffee is fine here. Staff is friendly. Nice looking baked goods are also available for purchase here.

Visited February 2014

Leeds
“Deserves to be on the map.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate at this little deli a couple of times during our recent visit to San Francisco and were pleased with the quality of the food and friendly service.

The staff were pleasant and helpful, making up our sandwiches to our exact specifications. The ingredients were fresh and tasty.

We ate in on the second visit and it was perfectly clean and comfortable but it's more of a takeout place than an eat in place, really. Recommended if you want a quick and simple bite to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah
“Good and inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

This was a good place to get a quick and inexpensive breakfast while in San Francisco. They have bagels and pastries. They also serve lunch, but we never ate lunch here. They have coffee, lattes, mochas, etc. and fresh squeezed orange juice. I was impressed at the freshness of the bagels too. The people working here are very pleasant. It is a very small place only 3 tables inside and a breakfast bar with 4 chairs and 2 tables outside. So you know you have found the right place the awning outside reads 'Good Morning Cafe'. They were closed on Sunday.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere