1. Its a great deal, best place to stay if you don't want to leave a big hole in your wallet. Room rate including simple breakfast, everyone wash their own plate after finishing meal. In the morning there will be a long que for $1 pancake :)
2. Everyone I met in the hostel is nice, teenagers from all over the world, sharing their travel experience in San Francisco, its like a huge family. Staffs are very helpful and make the hostel feel lively and welcoming.
3. During my stay in the hostel, I've heard many times from locals that Ellis Street is bad area/ dangerous/ unsafe.............which I myself also felt the same, homeless people, rubbish, graffiti.. I've no idea whether if I'm affected by all the sayings or what, but well I'm travelling alone, so safety first. Most of time time when I mentioned Ellis Street people will be like "no, no, no..., I'll show you another route to get to your destination....". Even hostel staff will mark down an area in the map that we should avoid.
4. Especially at night the lobby and 1st floor will become the hang out area for the quests. Which I find it very cool, and you can make yourself a cup of coffee/ tea for free :)
5. Attached bathroom which is nice, toiletries provided.
6. Day Trips provided on the hostel's website is very convenient for travelers. But some trips only available on certain dates. Can check at the board at front desk/ lobby.
7. Hostel also helps to book transport to airport. Must make booking at front desk.
8. Vintage style of lift :) I love it VERY much!
9. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, new towels provided everyday and they will make the room too. "Safety Box" in the room is not provided with lock, so use your existing one or bring extra.
10. You can leave your luggage with the hostel prior to check in time, so that you can explore city without having to bring your heavy luggage along.
Well I have nothing to complain with this affordable prices, everything was so good that beyond my expectation. Room is clean, staffs was doing a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience budget travel at its best: Both private and shared rooms available (only 4-5 beds per dorm), all rooms with private bathroom, restaurant-quality guest kitchen, cafe serving free continental breakfast, free WiFi, DSL Internet lounge, free linens and towels, daily housekeeping, keycard security, plush common areas, free/low-cost daily activities and tours, and no curfews, chores, or lockouts. Recently renovated 1920s hotel near San Francisco's best affordable restaurants, diverse nightlife, and world-class Civic Center arts district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your San Francisco City Center Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International San Francisco City Hotel San Francisco