You know, for a hostel this is a great one. The breakfast room has wonderful windows and a good view, the location is excellent, the common area is comfortable with a (fake gas) fireplace. There is a movie theater with free popcorn (Wednesdays) and Pasta (Thursdays)... or was it pizza? Anyway, the kitchen facilities are huge and well set up, plenty of storage, lockers, the bathrooms are close, and clean enough, the shower water hot, and the staff friendly. Breakfast was good if you like bagels (I do) or waffles, otherwise you are out of luck. You get fruit, coffee and OJ. So, really, a great hostel, which is what we wanted. However (there is always a "however") I did not think it was a good money value for a couple. Let me explain: at about $25-30 bucks for a bunk, it would be tremendous. If you were three people splitting the cost of a private room at $96, that would be good, at $32 each. But for a couple... that $96 for a bare room (I mean no plugs - where to charge the iPod?) one light up high (though you do have big windows and the comfortable common room)... well, you can get a better money value at say the Hotel des Arts on Bush Street by the Chinatown gate, you know? Look, we wanted a hostel, and were not disappointed with the people we met or the experience we had. I am just saying, it is not "hostel cheap" in price if you are a couple in a private room.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hostelling International San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a National Park overlooking the Bay at San Francisco's first and best hostel! Both shared and private rooms available, cafe serving three meals/day plus free continental breakfast, free parking, free WiFi, DSL Internet lounge, fully equipped guest kitchen, game room, free linens and towels, daily housekeeping, keycard security, free/low-cost daily activities and tours, and no curfews, chores, or lockouts. In a beautiful park setting near North Beach, Pier 39, and cable cars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostelling International San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.