This was our second stay in the Green Tortoise and I have to say, if anything, my opinion of it has got even better.
As with our previous stay, we booked a private double room, however instead of being in the main building, it was in the annex located only a block away from the main hostel. This made the experience even better!
It was quieter than the main hostel, but still had everything you needed including wifi, kitchen facilities and shared bathrooms. The rooms also had vcr combi TVs and a wide selection fo old school vhs tapes. I loved this and made plenty of use of it! You also have your own washing machine and tumble drier downstairs for a minimal cost.
The best thing about this building was the view! They have a balcony out the back with gives you great views of the light show on the Bay Bridge.
We had two different rooms, as we left the city for a couple of days, and when we came back we got an even better room, 303. The views over the financial district, including the Trans Am building. We both loved it!
As with any other room, you also get the free breakfast every morning and three free (yummy) vegetarian meals a week. Plus they hold so many activities during the week. We went along on the pub crawl, and it was great to meet other guests while getting really cheap drinks!
Another plus is the staff. They couldn't have been more helpful. Anytime I needed info on a bus or activity, they were able to give me great advice straight away. Also, I realised when I got to the airport after leaving that I had left a bracelet with sentimental value behind. I phoned straight away, and within the day, Flora had emailed me back saying they had found it and would ship it back.
I Definetly plan on heading to San Francisco again, and no question, I will be staying at the Green Tortoise, keep up the good work guys!
- Also Known As:
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Tortoise San Francisco hostel, USA is a full service, fun, comfortable, and welcoming hostel. Located in the North Beach area (Little Italy), famous for entertainment, bookstores, and Beat Generation history. The hostel is close to Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, famous bars and restaurants & public transportation that can take you all over the Bay Area. We are a PARTY hostel, so come & be included in our social events held nightly. Lots of Freebies, breakfast daily, dinner 3 x a week, wifi, sauna, massage chair and lots more! Please note *No elevators, *Shared bathrooms *Average age 22-30 & next to an *Adult entertainment area. We are also famous for our "hostel on wheels" sleeper coach adventures that offer tours to many exciting destinations seasonally - Alaska, Canyons of the West, California Coastal Crawler, Yosemite, Death Valley, Cross country trips, Baja, as well as Burningman and the Oregon Country Fair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.