This is definitely one of my favourite hostels, in terms of meeting people and activities this hostel is unparalleled :)
Social aspects aside the hostel itself is good. I stayed in the six bed dorm, they have nice dorm beds (unlike almost every other hostel, they're sturdy women frames). There's a lot of bathrooms on each floor, I sometimes had to wait but never more than 5-10 minutes. The staff in this place are great as well, well over half are great... there's a couple who are perpetually grumpy. The other bonuses were -free breakfast and -free dinner three nights per week. The free dinner is really good and it's good to help out in cooking; it's fun, you meet nice people, and you get free alcohol. These things aside, they have a pool table, the location is very good (next to China town) and there's some very nice restaurants nearby.
There's really nothing bad for me to say about this hostel, If you want to party, have a good time and meet some cool people then book this hostel.
Also, if you're there for a few days then don't discount the Green Tortoise adventure travel company in the building even if just for a short day tour, I did some of these longer trips and they were the best of my life :)
- Also Known As:
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Tortoise San Francisco hostel, USA is a full service, fun, comfortable, and welcoming hostel. Located in the North Beach area (Little Italy), famous for entertainment, bookstores, and Beat Generation history. The hostel is close to Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, famous bars and restaurants & public transportation that can take you all over the Bay Area. We are a PARTY hostel, so come & be included in our social events held nightly. Lots of Freebies, breakfast daily, dinner 3 x a week, wifi, sauna, massage chair and lots more! Please note *No elevators, *Shared bathrooms *Average age 22-30 & next to an *Adult entertainment area. We are also famous for our "hostel on wheels" sleeper coach adventures that offer tours to many exciting destinations seasonally - Alaska, Canyons of the West, California Coastal Crawler, Yosemite, Death Valley, Cross country trips, Baja, as well as Burningman and the Oregon Country Fair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.