Although the hostel is located amongst adult entertainment businesses, I felt safer in this area than other "nicer" tourist areas. There are always people out and about and doormen in the area. It is a little noisy at night. But overall was a nice experience. They have nice common areas, and social outings to get to know fellow travellers. Very close to bus routes, and walking distance to many tourist attractions. I would likely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Tortoise San Francisco hostel is a full service, fun, comfortable, and welcoming hostel. Located in the North Beach area (Little Italy), famous for entertainment, bookstores, and Beat Generation history. The hostel is close to Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, and public transportation that can take you all over the Bay Area. We are a PARTY hostel, so come and be included in our social events held nightly. Lots of Freebies, breakfast, dinner 3 x a week, wifi, sauna, massage chair and lots lots more! We are also famous for our "hostel on wheels" sleeper coaches that run adventures to many destinations seasonally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.