Although the hostel is located amongst adult entertainment businesses, I felt safer in this area than other "nicer" tourist areas. There are always people out and about and doormen in the area. It is a little noisy at night. But overall was a nice experience. They have nice common areas, and social outings to get to know fellow travellers. Very close to bus routes, and walking distance to many tourist attractions. I would likely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Tortoise San Francisco hostel, USA is a full service, fun, comfortable, and welcoming hostel. Located in the North Beach area (Little Italy), famous for entertainment, bookstores, and Beat Generation history. The hostel is close to Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, famous bars and restaurants & public transportation that can take you all over the Bay Area. We are a PARTY hostel, so come & be included in our social events held nightly. Lots of Freebies, breakfast daily, dinner 3 x a week, wifi, sauna, massage chair and lots more! Please note *No elevators, *Shared bathrooms *Average age 22-30 & next to an *Adult entertainment area. We are also famous for our "hostel on wheels" sleeper coach adventures that offer tours to many exciting destinations seasonally - Alaska, Canyons of the West, California Coastal Crawler, Yosemite, Death Valley, Cross country trips, Baja, as well as Burningman and the Oregon Country Fair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.