The green tortoise hostel in deninately one of the best hostels that I have stayed in .
I finished up one the Green Tortoise road trips and I had previously hear that this place was a good hostel.
As with all hostels you are sharing rooms with other people. For me the bed were comfortable which you dont ofter get in hostels. I was staying in a dorm room with five others. If you are looking for a private room there are some available aswell. I would have no quams about going here with my girl friend as this is the kind of place that you will meet loads of like minded travelers.
The people who work in here are pretty helpful. They will help you get organised for any trip that you want and even suggest some places. They really found us a good deal for some bike hire. I cannot remember the name of the company they suggested but they were great value.
The hostel has a great lounge room which has fooz ball table and guitars dotted around the room for any Ben harper wanna be's.
The hostel organise some food trips to some resturants in the local area. All in all this is a cracking hostel and it is well worth the visit :-)
If you want to do the hostel a little favour, dont book through hostelworld as they take a very large cut. Email them directly.
- Also Known As:
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel
- Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Tortoise San Francisco hostel, USA is a full service, fun, comfortable, and welcoming hostel. Located in the North Beach area (Little Italy), famous for entertainment, bookstores, and Beat Generation history. The hostel is close to Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, famous bars and restaurants & public transportation that can take you all over the Bay Area. We are a PARTY hostel, so come & be included in our social events held nightly. Lots of Freebies, breakfast daily, dinner 3 x a week, wifi, sauna, massage chair and lots more! Please note *No elevators, *Shared bathrooms *Average age 22-30 & next to an *Adult entertainment area. We are also famous for our "hostel on wheels" sleeper coach adventures that offer tours to many exciting destinations seasonally - Alaska, Canyons of the West, California Coastal Crawler, Yosemite, Death Valley, Cross country trips, Baja, as well as Burningman and the Oregon Country Fair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Green Tortoise Hostel - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.